Dbsmods.com is absolutely the best in long range antennas

I have two heroes currently.

1) Zoolander and 2) Mohan for that 10mile run. What the... Either way v impressive.

Anyway, Mohan would appreciate if you could let us know who Will is? Also, has anyone done tests on the eBay cables mentioned on improved range (if so 6 inches or 4 inches for the DBS mods on the P3P)?

Thanks!
4" blue cables

the four inch blue cables have performed well on mine.
Yeah the blue ones performed great for me in the beginning but then I started to lose range. I put some new blues on and worked great again . So if you guys start to lose range switch out those cables and hopefully it will improve . Hopefully the rg58 cables will be in soon i ordered. They have been recommended by the big antenna makers over the rg402 cables.

Yeah the blue ones performed great for me in the beginning but then I started to lose range. I put some new blues on and worked great again . So if you guys start to lose range switch out those cables and hopefully it will improve . Hopefully the rg58 cables will be in soon i ordered. They have been recommended by the big antenna makers over the rg402 cables.

What's the furthest you have been out with your DBS? Phantom13flyer?

I haven't had too many chances to fly with the new battery mod. So far though I have flown it out my back porch 24,356 ft . The day I went out to" my spot" I had problems with those blue cables and lost signal at 2400 ft. Between weather and work I haven't been back out there. I'm hoping to get to a better spot to fly. Flying out the back of my neighborhood isn't the best idea lol.

I used to wonder why are people so crazy modifying antenna with a wish to fly long distances, is flying in a limited are with lots of maneuvers not enough?

I was wrong. Yesterday first time I crossed 1500 feet at an altitude of 400' and unfortunately I have desire to go and buy windsurfers and try something different. I want to see what I can't see through naked eyes. Am I on the path to kill my bird?

I used to wonder why are people so crazy modifying antenna with a wish to fly long distances, is flying in a limited are with lots of maneuvers not enough?

I was wrong. Yesterday first time I crossed 1500 feet at an altitude of 400' and unfortunately I have desire to go and buy windsurfers and try something different. I want to see what I can't see through naked eyes. Am I on the path to kill my bird?
When done properly and safely , Lind distance flying can be very fun. When I bought my p2 I never knew it would lead to flying long distances. It has become a little addictive . But for me photography is most important and having a stable strong signal is a priority. 90% of my flights are 2000 ft or less but it's nice to know that my signal will not be lost. And if there is ever a place I want to photograph that is far away I can do that too. In my opinion it's never a bad idea to get an antenna that provides a great reliable signal .

Do you remove your DBS mod antenna board? Just wondering how the cables could become defective.

:)... Caught da bug huh .;)

Those blue cables did not do so well on the swr meter. It showed that some of the signal is going back toward the controller. And also the rg402 cables can break easily as well. Definitely keep some backup cables with you . I'll report back on how the rg58 cables do as well.

I just ordered the DBS Mod for my new controller picked up on ebay for £160.
I hate flying long distances and losing live feed coming back home hope this solve my problems.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That's good man. Right now the record I have is 8.5 out and back. I should be able to get at least 9 miles just a question of the wind conditions.
Unknown & Flyer , do you think with some of the reports and your own experience but having the old motors limits you to a little less mileage?

One problem with that mod is fitting the controller into my backpack and hardcase. I have an ST10 controller (Q500+) with the FPVLR.com antenna. It's big a doesn't fit in the case anymore. Removing the antenna is a hassle, not to mention the controller count accidentally be turned on without the antenna, which can blow the RF amps inside.
Its foam in my case so I just took a knife and shaped it out....really was not a big deal

Unknown & Flyer , do you think with some of the reports and your own experience but having the old motors limits you to a little less mileage?
It appears to be that way. All the reports show a 2.5-3 minute flight time increase with the new motors. That's a huge advantage in long distance flights . I'm looking into upgrading my motors but it's not cheap because the mc board has to avinbe replaced as well. The motors are $72 dollars and the mc board is $400. I think it may be cheaper to buy an advance and switch out cameras , I have a pro and want to keep the 4k camera. Then sell the rc, camera , battery ,charger ,etc. I can probably only spend 150-200 dollars doing it that way. But to answer your question in my opinion yes having the old motors is a disadvantage when compared to the new motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor