Dbsmods.com is absolutely the best in long range antennas

I guess I didn't state it properly. I said 15,000ft. but should have said 15,000ft out not round trip. The video I referenced wasn't a flight distance type video. He was on his way to look for a house up on a hill that had reflective windows. He said a couple of times each year the house would send a glare towards his house. He said it was between 2-3 miles from his house and he wanted to see which one it was. The distance wasn't brought up until he turned due to the go home warning sounding.

No worries, I see the same sort of post everywhere about how someone with the tin foil job had to turn around at 4kms because of battery concerns while I know the battery is actually good for close to double that. Im just waiting for someone to give the windsurfers a real test and not fly mostly over water or turn back kilometres before true battery range. As it stands I have friends who manage 4.6 miles on the stock system so Id like to see a few distances like that and I'll become convinced of their merit.

I guess I didn't state it properly. I said 15,000ft. but should have said 15,000ft out not round trip. The video I referenced wasn't a flight distance type video. He was on his way to look for a house up on a hill that had reflective windows. He said a couple of times each year the house would send a glare towards his house. He said it was between 2-3 miles from his house and he wanted to see which one it was. The distance wasn't brought up until he turned due to the go home warning sounding.

I have no idea what you are talking about. What you quoted I spoke of the WindSurfers cost, and a video had recently watched. No mention of DBS itelite antenna whatsoever. No need to be telling me how to speak.
You were talking about super flights being out in the desert and basically that's the only reason they can so far. And the title of this thread talks about the DBS Itelite ANTENNA so if you want to talk about windsurfing antennas do that in another thread . So yeah I will tell you how to speak if you don't having any manners . So go start your own thread genius

You were talking about super flights being out in the desert and basically that's the only reason they can so far. And the title of this thread talks about the DBS Itelite ANTENNA so if you want to talk about windsurfing antennas do that in another thread . So yeah I will tell you how to speak if you don't having any manners . So go start your own thread genius
There is no reason for this type of behavior. If you see a problem while using the forum use the report button. Do not attempt to do the moderators job, leave it to them. They're the professionals ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Installed just now, all seems to be good.

Connecting fine with P3, waiting for field test later.

Attachments

• 1440521276480.jpg
    1440521276480.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 306
You have to ignore the battery RTH warning if you want to make real long range distance. 15000ft is still not an accurate assessment of the windsurfer toys. I know guys who go 24000+ft with fpvlrs, I'm yet to see anything like that with the windsurfer thing.
Thanks
I don't make it out far enough to get the RTH signal
I loose my connection and she turns around.
My best flight yet is 5513ft and that is round trip.
including me cancelling the RTH and exploring other areas.
My longest recorded flight is 16 min. I'm not getting anything close to the 23-25min I've seen people talk about.
But like I said I'm new at this so I'm still trying to figure it all out.
I f n love my P3 and can't wait to hit the mountains here in AZ

Reactions: atki
Good afternoon guys: this is an ongoing thread and new distance records are happening all the time. With that said I recently flew 6.1 miles with the DBS MODS itelite panel with no amps / boosters. I believe in the right conditions, I might get 6.5 miles with this set up. I'm still trying to find the distance limit with this panel. My set up is the panel on the transmitter with no boosters and a battery mod by CHUCK at DBS mods.

This distance was achieved over land at 4oo feet. Verifiable by flytrex

Last edited by a moderator:
Lrj , thats the goodstuff, put flytrex link up we'll follow ya. How long has l3g been out?

In the city, stock P3A, 3 miles out, 3 miles back, no RC or video signal loss, landed with 31% battery.

With that said I still have a DBS Antenna on back-order :)

HHHjY95.jpg

Reactions: Mike Mauk
In the city, stock P3A, 3 miles out, 3 miles back, no RC or video signal loss, landed with 31% battery.

With that said I still have a DBS Antenna on back-order :)

HHHjY95.jpg
Go back to the same spot and do it with and then do it without-- that would be very interesting.

Just in general using stock equipment anyone else notice signal degredation when the P3 is coming back to you? It happens to me a lot when I'm out there. I guess it's something to do with where the antenna's are on the legs?

Just in general using stock equipment anyone else notice signal degredation when the P3 is coming back to you? It happens to me a lot when I'm out there. I guess it's something to do with where the antenna's are on the legs?

Yes it's to do with the bird orientation.

I have the circular polarised FPVLR's and could buy the CP bird antennas to get a better signal in all orientations and to some extent more distance. As it stands I sometimes go out past 6.5kms and lose all signal for up to 90 seconds when I turn around to come back, some of this I attribute to orientation of the p3 but to a larger extent the couple thousand trees in between.

Reactions: FPVLR
What are them tabs or something called to fill in the hole left after removing stcok antennas from there place? What size?

Also if anyone wants to know what size drill bit, its a 6mm drill bit.

Some are opting to run the sma female outputs THROUGH the holes left after removing the antennas and gluing them in place. It looks cleaner that way

Some are opting to run the sma female outputs THROUGH the holes left after removing the antennas and gluing them in place. It looks cleaner that way

Lol I have already done the install and now need to blank the holes of the stock antennas.

Also where can I buy better cable that plugs into the panel?

The cables supplied are good but seem a bit too light.

For the holes there's a link posted on page 2 of this thread. They are sold at home depot. I tried to put the link up but it won't work right

Reactions: HarryPP3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.