DBSMod: Quick Release DBS Mounting Adapter for Phantom 3 and 4

Reaction score
I've been working on this idea the last 2 weeks and after almost 10 iterations, I think I have finally nailed it. Once you have screwed in the Mounting Adapter to the DBS long range antenna, you are now able to easily clip it on to the phone holder and remove it within seconds. This has worked especially well for me as I have a small bag and the last thing I needed was a bulky DJI controller with DBS antenna sticking to its sides. I can now store the DBS antenna separately. This mounting adapter is only 3 inch x 2 inch x 1.5 inch.

Hope you guys like it.

It is now available for pre-order at DBS Mounting Adapter for DJI Phantom 3/4

IMG_0050__04645.1463585726.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_0051__85704.1463585737.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_0053__21966.1463585741.1280.1280.jpg

Below is a quick video on how to install the mount.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But what about if we already use a tablet extender? Hmm make a combo bracket next. $$

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm... Do you have a picture of the Tablet Extender? I can definitely look at this. It is a simple modification in my 3D design.

I seen this somewhere mentioned, and the biggest issue is
1. To have the antenna facing the right direction your neck would get pretty sore looking at your device
2. My phone holder bracket is wobbly enough without that additional weight seems like a lot of stress for the cheap DJI plastic
3. The smaller DBS panel is going to be a thing of the past very soon because the success of the larger maxxrange, while the max range is not terribly heavy it is twice as heavy as the smaller version which would put even more stress on that tablet holder mount and the cheap DJI plastic!

So you're working on something with potential but I think you need to go back to the drawing board

Yeah DB I mounted it off of Facebook. The post you made is the truth. The problem with this mount is pretty significant -
1. In order to use the Device Holder... You either have to lay the device flat, which makes no sense...
2. The antenna if you have the Device holder set up to use... Will be at the way wrong angle.
3. The iPad and the Antenna don't like being together. They interfere with each other.

I love the idea... But it's just not the right design.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic