DBS Mod vs. ITE's mount for ITELite Panel

Reaction score
DBS has the mod w/custom mount for P3S now at $119 for the kit but ITELite themselves have come up with one (looks a little more stable) for $109. Thoughts? Anyone got one from ITE? Not sure how that one would break down for storage into carrying case vs. the DBS mods one-but it's $10 cheaper and looks pretty solid.

ITE-DBS01 STANDARD for Phantom 3 Standard

ITE-DBS01_v.1 for DJI Phantom 3 Standard

DBS has the mod w/custom mount for P3S now at $119 for the kit but ITELite themselves have come up with one (looks a little more stable) for $109. Thoughts? Anyone got one from ITE? Not sure how that one would break down for storage into carrying case vs. the DBS mods one-but it's $10 cheaper and looks pretty solid.

I have the first link on mine. I believe it would be easier to break down over the second one.

Reactions: dirkclod

I leave mine mounted in an MCM 22" hard case. So no hassle at all...

Works really good. The Distance is awesome!!
I was thinking on getting that mod as well. Any lost signal even 1500ft out?

I was thinking on getting that mod as well. Any lost signal even 1500ft out?

Check the video in my signature out. I went over 13,000' out with full signal.

Check the video in my signature out. I went over 13,000' out with full signal.
Wow that's awesome! No issues with having to adjust antenna?
Off topic, but I didn't think the P3S shoots video at 1080P 60FPS???
I had a Standard but returned it Christmas Eve and I have another one coming in tomorrow. I only remember shooting in 1080P 24 or 30fps..

Wow that's awesome! No issues with having to adjust antenna?
Off topic, but I didn't think the P3S shoots video at 1080P 60FPS???
I had a Standard but returned it Christmas Eve and I have another one coming in tomorrow. I only remember shooting in 1080P 24 or 30fps..

The new update allows for 60FPS on the IOS platform. If you have android I don't think they've fixed that yet.

The new update allows for 60FPS on the IOS platform. If you have android I don't think they've fixed that yet.
Ah, ok, yea I'm running on Android. Well I'm excited to get this mod. My earlier Standard , I would lose signal around half a mile sometimes. At 400ft altitude, signal would usually be strong but sometimes the RTH would initialize, I would just cancel it and signal would return.

Ah, ok, yea I'm running on Android. Well I'm excited to get this mod. My earlier Standard , I would lose signal around half a mile sometimes. At 400ft altitude, signal would usually be strong but sometimes the RTH would initialize, I would just cancel it and signal would return.

I have been very pleased with mine. If the weather would get better I will test it out even more.

Well, I ended up ordering the ITELITE v.1 model after not hearing back from DBS about a question I had. Lost a customer there. Anyway, looking forward to doing the mod and seeing how it goes. I just did the tablet mount today and noticed I got about 500-600 Feet more distance (and better wifi video for sure). Just wondering if the phone mount (even though it's plastic) might have blocked the wifi signals a bit (or maybe since it puts the phone near the top of the RC that caused issues). Using my tablet, which now rests just above the sticks, I seemed to get significantly better stock range and much better video. Will have to try in a couple of other tried and true spots before I mod it.

Reactions: Mitch40
Well, I ended up ordering the ITELITE v.1 model after not hearing back from DBS about a question I had. Lost a customer there. Anyway, looking forward to doing the mod and seeing how it goes. I just did the tablet mount today and noticed I got about 500-600 Feet more distance (and better wifi video for sure). Just wondering if the phone mount (even though it's plastic) might have blocked the wifi signals a bit (or maybe since it puts the phone near the top of the RC that caused issues). Using my tablet, which now rests just above the sticks, I seemed to get significantly better stock range and much better video. Will have to try in a couple of other tried and true spots before I mod it.
yes, Tanger, I'm going to do the same phone mount mod with the Inspire 1 holder.
This is good to hear. Makes sense about maybe signals being blocked a bit. Good job!

Sent @DBS an email ([email protected]) 6 days ago regarding my DBS Itelite panel and I still have not received any response either. Will see how long it takes...:-(

I'm still waiting for my response 3 weeks later.... I already installed mine and answered my own question.

Anyone have any experience using and installing the ITE-DBS02?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've got the ITElite DBS 01, bought it for $80 on ebay. Had to buy longer cables for my P3S internals. More than doubled my range, I get over a mile now.
I modified the mount so it flips to rest on the bottom of the controller for storage. (Also serves to support my tablet)
I'll post pics when I get home, if anyone cares...

Reactions: Mitch40

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl