DBS Mod or Switch to P3A (or other Lightbridge model)

Keep P3S+DBS mod or sell and get a P3A/P3P (lightbridge equipped) drone?

• Keep P3S and add DBS mod

• Buy P3A/P3P w/Lightbridge

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
I've been shooting realesate on a P3S for several months, but when it comes to large plots of land 40+ acres I'm limited on the shots I can get from lack of range. I have the opportunity to easily get my money back on my P3S selling it locally and then just purchasing a P3A (or other lightbridge equipped drone) or am I better off just doing the DBS mod on my stock P3S ?

I'm not looking to break any distance records, I just wanna have flexibility to have enough range to get the fluid beautiful shots I need without loosing signal when trying to do a long fly over of a large property.
IMG_0982.JPG

Voted! Please please please get an Advanced or Pro! The Lightbridge functionality and range associated with it is immeasurably better. Spend the extra coin! Advanced and Pro's have come down in price so much recently as the P4 was released that it just makes sense to get newer technology.

Reactions: stillentt
P3S should have no problem covering 40 acre. My P3S can go 1.5 mile stock. You can add windsurfer or just upgrade to P3A. Lightbridge is much better for real time video feed. Skip the DBS mod because the cost is close to upgrading to P3A.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: stillentt
Just installed my DBS MODS antenna about a week ago. Made a huge difference for me personally. On the exact same flight path I went from getting a max of 2k feet with stock antenna to over 5k feet with DBS. The flight path is also in an urban area, I haven't had a chance to test it in a rural area but I am betting it will be impressive. Personally, DBS solved my wants/needs of better distance and much better signal quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl