DBS Mod getting less

Reaction score
Had my Mod for a year now and the range went from 7900 ft best. to 4300 best sometimes less.
Is there a way to check continuity with a multimeter to check my connections? I don't trust just a visual.
Or, is it the thousands of new construction buildings that have gone up around me this year Causing interference ? I hate opening up the controller.

All that noise isn't helping but I wouldn't think by that much .
It very possibly be one or more of your cables .
I If it was mine disconnect the external cables and give them a shot of electronic cleaner first . Then If that didn't help I would try it in the country clear of any noise then I that didn't help replace the cables .
Just my 2 cents .

Reactions: RadRocket
That's just 1000 ft short of a mile. My guess is the antenna is ok, just different conditions render different results. Time of year makes a lot of difference where I fly, the end of summer is the worst, due to leaves.

All that noise isn't helping but I wouldn't think by that much .
It very possibly be one or more of your cables .
I If it was mine disconnect the external cables and give them a shot of electronic cleaner first . Then If that didn't help I would try it in the country clear of any noise then I that didn't help replace the cables .
Just my 2 cents .
Thanks, makes sense. process of elimination.

Reactions: dirkclod
That's just 1000 ft short of a mile. My guess is the antenna is ok, just different conditions render different results. Time of year makes a lot of difference where I fly, the end of summer is the worst, due to leaves.
I wonder how far I would have to drive to get the 12,000ft + range that some get.

I wonder how far I would have to drive to get the 12,000ft + range that some get.
as far as the nearest ocean. I fly in heavy wifi areas with the DBS I got better distance then without it but not by much. I took it on vacation with me this year and sent it out over the ocean got out to 12K feet and got worried and turned around I had a fantastic connection even out that far though. one thing you have to remember with the DBS is its a directional antenna so keeping alignment when your AC is out of line of sight can be difficult. Here is a tip to help you out find an object off in the distance, point your AC in that direction and fly straight at it keep on that path once your drone vanishes you will have a general point of reference to aim at that will help keep you pointed at the AC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl