DBS Mod Issues Still/Again

I have read that a lot also and have done it by accident
And had no issues but that don't mean it won't burn something. I see that mostly with folks using amps but
You do have to take all into consideration when trouble shooting.
I have been lucky and not really had any issues. But
If the cables where fine then if it was mine I would start at
the tx with new cables and redo it back out.

Something's gotta be wrong somewhere. I feel your frustration too. Never have seen signal drop from 100% to 0% instantly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If I look at the *.csv file the signal drop is not quite as sudden but it is fast enough that I cannot respond in time. Bear in mind, this is only Litchi where it goes (or appears to) from good signal to RTH initiated. More often than not it can go the other way as well. RTH initiated immediately followed by RC signal restored . Like I said above, more warning with the DJI-Go app and often I can respond/correct.

As far as distance with mine I fly from a hill top into a valley
So height isn't an issue. I sit with my tx on my lap to hold it steady. 2 to 3 miles is the norm. There is no noise.
Have you tryed changing out the cables that go from your
Tx to the panel. Do you leave it on all the time. If you remove
It as some you might have bent on of the prongs in the connecter. Look at those things.

I have not changed any cables. That'll be next. I did however, swap cable 1 with 3 and vice versa but that was after my problems started. Oh yeah, my DBS mod seemed to work fine when I first tested it. 5700' with solid RC and video signal. I cannot for thew likes of me figure out what happened to suddenly lose signal on a heartbeat. It did flip on its side once after the install but I cannot see any damage. Even the props were fine so not really a hard/rough flip.

Going out this afternoon and fly a 1 mile mission at 90M alt. Thats as high as I can legally fly here. I flew the similar one about 1 week ago without any errors. Same location but at an alt og 70M

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Also he's not on but surly he has the 5.8 into port 1.
You bet.....:) It wouldnt work at all then isnt that so???

BTW: Before I even remove a screw from the controller I tape down the switch so I cant accidentally turn it on. The tape doesnt come off till everthing is back together and connected.

BTW Again: Thank you guys for all the help so far :)

You bet.....:) It wouldnt work at all then isnt that so???

BTW: Before I even remove a screw from the controller I tape down the switch so I cant accidentally turn it on. The tape doesnt come off till everthing is back together and connected.

BTW Again: Thank you guys for all the help so far :)

There are a bunch of smart people on the forum. (I'm still learning...)

I thought I was the only one who did the tape thing when doing the DBS mod. [emoji106]. I also leave the R/C and DBS stuff connected all the time and don't take it apart to transport. It has its own case to ride in. More to carry, but that's ok with me. Good luck on your flight today.

Well I did several more tests this afternoon. One was a straight line litchi mission 1 mile long. According to the Litchi interface I was losing RC signal (showing 0%) but the flight plan shows no such errors
Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Also, even though the app said I had 0% rc signal strength, all parameters (i.e. speed, distance. alt,etc) were being updated throughout the entire mission.

I then decided to try some more fpv flying and as expected at about 450-500 meters from home, RTH kicked in. What I did notice, however, the LED on my controller stayed green the whole time. If I truly lost RC signal should it not have turned red?

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Well I did several more tests this afternoon. One was a straight line litchi mission 1 mile long. According to the Litchi interface I was losing RC signal (showing 0%) but the flight plan shows no such errors

Also, even though the app said I had 0% rc signal strength, all parameters (i.e. speed, distance. alt,etc) were being updated throughout the entire mission.

I then decided to try some more fpv flying and as expected at about 450-500 meters from home, RTH kicked in. What I did notice, however, the LED on my controller stayed green the whole time. If I truly lost RC signal should it not have turned red?

Isn't red just low battery?

Jeff

That flight looked great on the log viewer. Solid out and back. And yes, if you lose signal the R/C light turns red.

I'm still on 1.5.70 FW, and 3.0.0 on the GoApp. No issues, good range, and none of that GeoFencing nonsense.

That flight looked great on the log viewer. Solid out and back. And yes, if you lose signal the R/C light turns red.

Well that flight would be impossible within FPV mode which makes no sense. It is like a ever so brief loss of signal initiates RTH. The 3 seconds delay seems to have become 1 second or less. As I said above, Litchi is the worst for this but the DJI go app might get me further but no where near as far as this mission went. RTH will kick in regardless of the app.

I am beginning to believe that the "loss of signal" error is being reported incorrectly.

Well that flight would be impossible within FPV mode which makes no sense. It is like a ever so brief loss of signal initiates RTH. The 3 seconds delay seems to have become 1 second or less. As I said above, Litchi is the worst for this but the DJI go app might get me further but no where near as far as this mission went. RTH will kick in regardless of the app.

I am beginning to believe that the "loss of signal" error is being reported incorrectly.

Yeah, I agree, especially when the r/c shows green. Maybe that flip scrambled something.......and also wondering if a firmware change would help. This in No WAY is a recommendation to change firmware. I won't update mine unless it won't fly,....or **** freezes over.......whichever comes first. [emoji12]

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
Speaking of firmware and apps. I only use DJI Go
And I stay on the latest as soon as it comes out.
I have never had any issues. Not saying others haven't
As I've seen lots talk of problems. Just saying

True, and I agree that most people have no issues with FW updates. I guess what spooks me are the ones that are posted here on the forum that outline numerous issues. Yep, that gets my attention.

Got any ideas why his bird is jumping on RTH when he still has indicated signal (green r/c)? Maybe an antenna on the bird compromised?

It would drive me nuts if mine did that about-face without signal loss.

It's hard for me to figure this one out as I've never had to deal with it. Like I said I've been lucky and really never had any issues with my P3's. P2's yes but not these.
Is one reason I stay up to date on everything ,
Just to look for issues.
I do know though the cables do make a differce but
He said he did switch them around so that wouldn't be it
Unless it's one from inside the tx .ive also seen here where
the snap came loose from whatever and was hard to see
Because of the hot glue over it.

Reactions: captainmilehigh

As do I. There's a reason for all this stuff. It comes back to the boardroom thing... I don't believe they sit around looking for ways to screw things up. Releases may not be perfect, but who's are? They want perfection but field testing will reveal faults that lab testing can't.

I don't think there is anything wrong with staying up to date; on the contrary, if updates aren't real world tested they'll never get the results they need.

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor