DBS Itelite Range

Reaction score
First time using the DBS mod, figured I'd do it in front of my house, crazy wifi everywhere. Needless to say I was impressed with the distance even with wifi interference from the houses around me, 5865 ft is the furthest I've ever gone,very impressed!!!

On a side note, I also have ARGtek and the Alpha's, I plan on doing 3 range tests to see how they all do. My guess is that DBS will win, but I have been hearing good things about the Alpha's.

Screenshot%207_zpsjnjfd9ba.png

Reactions: Unit505
Looks like trees pretty close. That's great and reassuring. Thanks for posting! I've gotten 4K feet from my alphas in the neighborhood and flying out of line of sight, but I generally get 2500 - 3000ft. Yesterday I flew a route on the river and hit 1.3 miles with the alphas and 1.1 with the Amazon 10db omnis and ARGtek 10db 5.8 Omni. Ordered my DBS today. How did you mount your antenna connections? I want to be able to swap from the DBS back to the omnis or alphas from time to time.

I have 2 P3S, so 1 has the DBs mod and the other I have the ARGtek mount but use the Alpha's on it. I also have a 3rd RC that has a stock antenna.
Have plans on adding a couple of amps to the DBS, just to see how much farther it can get.

20170226_205955_zpsa7fhg9ui.jpg

Reactions: Unit505
I have a question re: range. I just installed my DBS Itelite antenna follow youtube tutorial...it works but I use to get better range with my windsurfer?? I got 1900 feet with the Skyreat windsurfer and now only 1200 with the DBS?? Any suggestions?

I have a question re: range. I just installed my DBS Itelite antenna follow youtube tutorial...it works but I use to get better range with my windsurfer?? I got 1900 feet with the Skyreat windsurfer and now only 1200 with the DBS?? Any suggestions?
pull your remote apart and make sure connections are good, if all checks out try flying in a different area that's wide open. use google earth to look for large crop fields connected together for long distances. cemetery's are also decent places to fly over

Reactions: dazzer
+1 for that advice.

Flew mine last week in an area with a lot of tall trees and houses and got 2,333ft.

Flew it today out in the country and got 5,118ft before I decided to turn around, it could have gone much further but I didnt want to push it.

First time using the DBS mod, figured I'd do it in front of my house, crazy wifi everywhere. Needless to say I was impressed with the distance even with wifi interference from the houses around me, 5865 ft is the furthest I've ever gone,very impressed!!!

On a side note, I also have ARGtek and the Alpha's, I plan on doing 3 range tests to see how they all do. My guess is that DBS will win, but I have been hearing good things about the Alpha's.

Screenshot%207_zpsjnjfd9ba.png
if yo can do that comparison it would be great! thank you

ill be grabbing a set of Alphas this week I have the ARGtek and DBS. DBS beats it no problem I have read some good reviews on the Alphas so I want to try them if they don't pan out to be better then the DBS Ill use them for something else

Took my remote control apart again and all the connections were fine...still can't get more than 1200 feet with the DBS and I flew it at 350 feet. I'm getting more range with my XK380!! I'll try from a different location...I use to get 2,300 feet with the Skyreat Windsurfer antenna.

I dont geth the short ranges from above. I live in the Netherlands and use a p3s with dbs itelite antenna and reached a maximum distance from 3710 meters. I also used magic power from papatita.

Looks like I'm going to get a new remote. Don't want to play around with unsoldering these small wires, so I'm going to leave my old remote as is with the DBS install and settle for the 1200 feet max. From my townhouse to the Hudson River is 1500 feet and I just can't get the distance. I can with the windsurfer...maybe the connections did not connect properly or a defective DBS.

Thanks guys

Looks like I'm going to get a new remote. Don't want to play around with unsoldering these small wires, so I'm going to leave my old remote as is with the DBS install and settle for the 1200 feet max. From my townhouse to the Hudson River is 1500 feet and I just can't get the distance. I can with the windsurfer...maybe the connections did not connect properly or a defective DBS.

Thanks guys

I've got that distance stock in my neighborhood. Something has got to be up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94