DBS itelite Mod

Reaction score
IMG_1120.JPG
For those that are upgrading to the dbs itelite mod , if you've tried the argtek range extender like I did, and you don't really fancy drilling holes in your Rc , this was what I did and works flawlessly

Glad I saw this before my DBS showed up! Cleanest install I've seen. I also already have the Argtek. Never though about it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey guys silly question but what does the dbs mod actually extend? Just signal or does it make ur video rang better to? I only ask because I already have the argtek mod and it is good but very directional and my video rang isn't as good as I'd hoped, I've also done the majic hack. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated [emoji4]

Hey guys silly question but what does the dbs mod actually extend? Just signal or does it make ur video rang better to? I only ask because I already have the argtek mod and it is good but very directional and my video rang isn't as good as I'd hoped, I've also done the majic hack. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated [emoji4]
I also have both, have yet to try the Argtek though.

Really like my DBS.

It will "extend" both signals.

I don't think extend is the word, more like focuses the existing signals to a tighter beam thus extending the distance of effective range. Inside the DBS is one patch antenna for the 5.8g and one patch antenna for both 2.4g. keeping the DBS pointed at the bird can be a chore sometimes.. that's really the only trade off.

What kind of area are you flying in?
Interference can GREATLY hinder the video feed!

View attachment 77204 For those that are upgrading to the dbs itelite mod , if you've tried the argtek range extender like I did, and you don't really fancy drilling holes in your Rc , this was what I did and works flawlessly
Very good, like the look. Here's mine before and after the amps.

Attachments

• DBS mod.jpg
    DBS mod.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 588
  • IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 571
Reactions: 805hd
Most of my flying is around the downs ect but I would like to go straight up and get a Ariel view of where me home is, it just says about interference and I loose signal unless I'm pointing into the sky, and can I just say thanks for the prompt reply , so how do I go about fitting amps to my dbs aswell? What do I need and where from? I live in the U.K. ?
Many thanks again [emoji4][emoji106]

If you wanted to fly straight above your head.... an omni type antenna would be more suited for that. Panel types are meant for longgggggg distances.

You could do something like this:

You wouldn't have to go as huge. A 7dbi or 8dbi would be smaller and would work well.

Most of my flying is around the downs ect but I would like to go straight up and get a Ariel view of where me home is, it just says about interference and I loose signal unless I'm pointing into the sky, and can I just say thanks for the prompt reply , so how do I go about fitting amps to my dbs aswell? What do I need and where from? I live in the U.K. ?
Many thanks again [emoji4][emoji106]
YouTube is your best friend.

I've been going through u tube but I can't seem to find a guide of how to do it and what i actually need to buy and where from ect
But from what I can see is i would need
Lipo battery 3000mah with two outputs
2.4ghz booster 2ma
5.8ghz booster 2ma

And a way of mounting it all on the controller, luckily because I'm upgrading from the argtek so I can do as above, what's the third booster I need then? I see 3 in the pic above [emoji848]

I've been going through u tube but I can't seem to find a guide of how to do it and what i actually need to buy and where from ect
But from what I can see is i would need
Lipo battery 3000mah with two outputs
2.4ghz booster 2ma
5.8ghz booster 2ma

And a way of mounting it all on the controller, luckily because I'm upgrading from the argtek so I can do as above, what's the third booster I need then? I see 3 in the pic above [emoji848]
You technically only need two amplifiers, I've noticed some guys run three and others only run two. It comes down to money and space.

I'm going with one of these for the 2.4g
Look at this on eBay Sunhans SH-2500 2.5W 34dBm 802.11b/g/n 2.4G Wireless Indoor WiFi Signal Booster | eBay

And one of these for the 5.8g
Look at this on eBay Sunhans SH58Gi2000 Indoor 2W 5.8G WiFi Booster Repeater Wireless Amplifier | eBay

Two of these
Sunhans DC Power Adapter Amazon.com: Sunhans DC Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories

One of these
DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack Amazon.com : DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack : Camera & Photo

As far as mounting goes, it's up to you but I think I'm going to go this route.
DJI Sunhans eSun RC Booster Battery Bracket Amazon.com: DJI Sunhans eSun RC Booster Battery Bracket: Computers & Accessories
Or something like it. Not needed and a lot of guys mount right to the controller or make their own bracket. Once you figure out where you are going to mount everything you will know what length cables you will need.

Again I have zero experience with amplifiers but I've been doing some research around here and this seems to be the recommended setup.

Prices vary, do some shopping!
Hope this helps!

Reactions: Zeuspower
Thank you I will research tonight, still waiting for my dbs to arrive also [emoji43] oh and some decent weather to actually use my phantom

Thank you I will research tonight, still waiting for my dbs to arrive also [emoji43] oh and some decent weather to actually use my phantom
The phantom standard has two 2.4g antennas for video/ telemetry that work on a diversity system. The system uses whichever antenna has a stronger signal at that moment. So only boosting one will be just fine. But boosting both is probably ideal. You can always add another down the road. Fyi

The other antenna on remote is 5.8g for the control of the quad.

So technically, to truly amplify everything you would need two 2.4g amps and one 5.8g amp.

That's what I needed to no thanku again , everyone is so helpful [emoji4]

You technically only need two amplifiers, I've noticed some guys run three and others only run two. It comes down to money and space.

I'm going with one of these for the 2.4g
Look at this on eBay Sunhans SH-2500 2.5W 34dBm 802.11b/g/n 2.4G Wireless Indoor WiFi Signal Booster | eBay

And one of these for the 5.8g
Look at this on eBay Sunhans SH58Gi2000 Indoor 2W 5.8G WiFi Booster Repeater Wireless Amplifier | eBay

Two of these
Sunhans DC Power Adapter Amazon.com: Sunhans DC Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories

One of these
DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack Amazon.com : DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Pack : Camera & Photo

As far as mounting goes, it's up to you but I think I'm going to go this route.
DJI Sunhans eSun RC Booster Battery Bracket Amazon.com: DJI Sunhans eSun RC Booster Battery Bracket: Computers & Accessories
Or something like it. Not needed and a lot of guys mount right to the controller or make their own bracket. Once you figure out where you are going to mount everything you will know what length cables you will need.

Again I have zero experience with amplifiers but I've been doing some research around here and this seems to be the recommended setup.

Prices vary, do some shopping!
Hope this helps!
If you have a Standard just make sure that the bracket will actually attach to the controller properly being the metal brackets on the standard are different than the others.

If you have a Standard just make sure that the bracket will actually attach to the controller properly being the metal brackets on the standard are different than the others.
Agree, you are talking about the angle of the metal bar on the transmitter? Standards is at a 45 and the pro/adv goes straight down out the bottom.

Says the bracket will work on "any DJI controller with metal bar on it". ROLL THE DICE! Worst case, I take it off the controller put it in the vice heat it up and "persuade" [emoji16] it to the shape it needs to be. If I remember correctly it's just bolted into the controller.

Last edited:
Agree, you are talking about the angle of the metal bar on the transmitter? Standards is at a 45 and the pro/adv goes straight down out the bottom.

Says the bracket will work on "any DJI controller with metal bar on it". ROLL THE DICE! Worst case, I take it off the controller put it in the vice heat it up and "persuade" [emoji16] it to the shape it needs to be. If I remember correctly it's just bolted into the controller.
Let us know if it fits (w/o mod) to the P3S. I saw this way back and didn't get it because I thought it won't fit the Standard.

Let us know if it fits (w/o mod) to the P3S. I saw this way back and didn't get it because I thought it won't fit the Standard.
Absolutely. If you have a look at the picture which i hopefully posted correctly lol you can see what looks to me like a additional notch that would be more suited for the bar coming off the standard at 45° or so. I sent them a email the day before I bought, didn't get a reply so I bought it anyways! Lol i will post it if it works and let you know if it doesn't. [emoji482]

1488991667996.jpg

Long story short, REXUAV is horrible.. They have discontinued this style bracket and instead of notifying me they just sent me the new one which does not fit the STANDARD controller. They claim this bracket fits any DJI controller with metal bracket. It does not. Just a heads up!

Long story short, REXUAV is horrible.. They have discontinued this style bracket and instead of notifying me they just sent me the new one which does not fit the STANDARD controller. They claim this bracket fits any DJI controller with metal bracket. It does not. Just a heads up!
Had that feeling, that it wouldn't. The P3S came after the other Phantom 3's, so at one point in the past that statement "this bracket fits any DJI controller with metal bracket" was once true, before the Standard came out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20