Daytona bike week..

Reaction score
Plan on taking my P4A along with me ..
Anyone have any insight or experience flying in Daytona beach..
definitely plan on requesting permission from FAA ..
any known good spots to see or known bad spots .. TIA..

Class C airpsace throughout. I'm sure you'll find places to fly. Be safe, and have a blast!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.30.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 10.30.55 AM.png
    809.5 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: Rog-0
Thanks for the info ..
FYI new to flying and have been reading hours about the laws and rules ..
Have no friends so I’m by myself but believe I’m addicted so far lol ..

You're ok, Pick my brain anytime. We are here to help. We provide retail, training, and services. Our pilot network span from coast to coast. Always here to help.

You're ok, Pick my brain anytime. We are here to help. We provide retail, training, and services. Our pilot network span from coast to coast. Always here to help.
Ok so what all will I be needing or require and who would I need to contact exactly to obtain permission and be legal .. asking because this will be my first experience doing this
asking

Daytona Bike Week attracts over 500K people. This makes for a VERY challenging place to fly legally. Remember you're not able to fly over people. This is not recommended to fly as a hobbyist. I would love to offer better news, but this is not advisable. Also being in Class C airspace can make for even more challenges. Others will show up and fly their drones illegally and this will only increase your chance for a collision. Do yourself a favor and ground it for the weekend.

Last edited:
I flew at Daytona for the 500 race (obviously not near the track). You can still get gorgeous beach shots and shots of the city, but getting airspace permission as a hobbiest requires you to contact Daytona international and fill out a document over the phone BEFORE you intend to fly. It takes 2 hours to process. Daytona operations manager makes the experience easy, despite the very congested airspace usually including a landing every 45 seconds.

And as stated before me, stay away from people, and make sure you have a spotter, as even with airspace clearance, you never know. But either way, like FDS mentioned, unless you are a part 107 and are in good with the track management, getting shots of the race itself without being over people/the track itself is impossible and likely to land you in deep water.

Plan on taking my P4A along with me ..
Anyone have any insight or experience flying in Daytona beach..
definitely plan on requesting permission from FAA ..
any known good spots to see or known bad spots .. TIA..
Been to Daytona lots of times over the years for Bike Week .It would be awesome to fly down main street at night for a video but with the Drone rules it would be impossible. But it would be a great video. If you got by Froggys stop in and have a drink.. Have fun be safe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub