Day to Day Phantom owning

Reaction score
Hi everyone on the forums!,
After reading quite alot (my eyes!!) on the net, and seeing quite a bit of negative comments and problems about these quads.....i was wondering what people's day to day owing a phantom has been like? i am sure there must be many happy trouble free owners loving this hobby. So does anyone want to post the following:

1.How long have you owend your phantom
2 How many flights (ish)
3. Trouble free?? (not meaning putting new props on every now and again) but thing likes falling from the sky or fly-away (suspected) or acting strangely etc.

Look forward to seeing how people here are getting on with the product.
Rich.

I've had my Phantom 1 since november and only minor issues like battery calibration issues. I'm absolutley loving it! I estimate my fights at about 3-4 a week.

I have had my Phantom 2 Vision since January. Still on version 1.08 and very stable.
Fly 3 or 4 times a week - using one battery - and usually get around 25 minutes.
Half over land and half over water.
I have had it out to 300m without loss of control or vision.
So far, cross fingers, delighted with it.

I've had somebody else's phantom 2 V for over a month and had all hassle free flights (till I got hassled by a crazed woman and feeling lucky it wasn't a crazed big man), it's the best way of doing it. Then I got afraid I'd lose it in the dreaded flyaway so retired from the fun.

I got told off for hovering over her house while her 2 year old was running around naked..unquote, I could not even reply to that statement to her. On reflection it was best to pack it up plus reading of all the flyaways took it over the top, such are things. I wish I never came to this forum..the horror lol.

But not to fret I now have 2 PV2+ craft coming next week belonging to others for me to hopefully not destroy. They think "I know how to fly" ...hmmm, mind you one does learn a lot here..this is good.

Could you get these mysterious others to send me one too? There is no way i would buy a Vision plus. But receiving one free is another mater!

I've had three Vision Plus crafts over the last six weeks or so......the first two went back because of defects and fortunately I was able to get refunds, and the third one is now two weeks old....I'm hoping this one doesn't develop problems too......or just decide to fly away. I enjoy what it does when it does what it's suppose to do, but I worry about it the entire time it's in the air.

Wow....number 3?.... think I would have bailed after 2. Nice to see what you guys are experiencing with these Quads. I am tempted but have some reservations for the money they cost. I asked a UK dealer what the policy is if you lose your quad through defect but cannot retrieve it. The reply was "You must prove beyond reasonable doubt that you did all pre-flight checks and that it was not pilot error....so stacked against you I think if it was to happen.

I've been a Phantom owner for 6 days now. Bought mine used with about 60minutes flight time from the previous owner.

14 trouble free flights so far

No major issues so far... I suspect I may have a failing bearing in the front left motor. Still flies great, just a little bit noisier. Planning on replacing the bearings ASAP. Pretty cheap fix and gives me a chance to balance the motors at the same time.

I have owned a Phantom v1.1.1. one month. I love it. Fly 3 times a week. Only issue is how to eliminate jello and where to find more places to fly.

lalvar40 said:
I have owned a Phantom v1.1.1. one month. I love it. Fly 3 times a week. Only issue is how to eliminate jello and where to find more places to fly.

Had my first flight yesterday with the GoPro attached. Was surprised at the quality given I didn't have a gimbal.
The video below shows you how to reduce/eliminate jello.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVpgiHPMoTs

1 month on my P2 with gopro 3+black. Probably 35 trouble free flights. I love this thing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl