Thinking of upgrading from Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

Apologies in advance is similar threads have been started. I couldn't find any with the exact info I was looking for.

I currently own a Phantom 4, purchased in early 2016. I love the drone overall but I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading to a P4 Pro+. The convenience of quicker setup time and not having to connect my cell phone to the remote control is actually quite enticing. The new camera looks amazing from what I've seen on YouTube.

How does the P4Pro+ get mapping data? On my phone, I used to really like using the Google Earth style map overlay when navigating. Does the P4Pro+ have all the satellite imagery stored internally? Or does it require a WiFi or BlueTooth connection to a phone to get that?

How difficult is it to install apps such as Litchi on a P4Pro+? I have Litchi purchased for my P4 on my smart phone, is that transferable to my P4Pro+ controller or do I need to purchase the app again?

How is the interface on the P4Pro+ controller overall? Does it have sufficient CPU power to do everything a drone flyer wants to do? From one video I've seen, it seemed that the 'Flight Simulator/Training' mode was borderly unusable due to latency, which made me think maybe it's underpowered?

How does the screen compare to that of a typical smartphone? I have a Galaxy S7 Edge and often have trouble seeing the screen in direct sun. I think my transitional lenses on my glasses tinting may be part of the cause of that, but is there any kind of improvement in the P4Pro+ screen over smart phones?

How is the overall performance of the controller? I've seen some threads starting on here complaining about the interface being buggy and broken, but have seen many replies telling the OP to stop whining because it all works fine. Not sure which to believe. What's the general consensus?

How is the range on the P4Pro+ compared to the P4? When the P4 came out, there were a lot of complainers that said that their P3Pro actually had better range than their P4. Now that the P4Pro+ is out, how does the range compare to the P4 and P3Pro?

As I've mentioned before, the camera on the P4Pro+ looks amazing. Much more detailed.

I'm not a pro photographer. I'm just a hobbiest, but I'm also not on an extremely right budget so would have no problem spending the money on a P4Pro+ if you guys think it's s significant improvement over the P4? Is it worth upgrading? Should I wait for a P5 range of models?

The P4P+ cannot run 3rd party apps. My recommendation would be the P4P. It has a better camera than the P4 and you can run it with a pad or phone that can run apps like Litchi if you want. I love mine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl