Day 1 Lost a part

Reaction score
So its day one of flying my phantom - I LOVE IT - but I have already lost the bar that keeps the gopro attached....

I know it is my house somewhere, but i dont have the first idea where. Which tells me that I need to go ahead and start ordering spare parts. Anyone have any idea where to get this part or what its called??

grrr..

Found the part! Still would love to know how to order another...Also Ive had two drop screws fall out mid flight in my first to flights. I found the first one, but not the second...is something wrong or is this common? What purpose do they serve?

jwrichte said:
Found the part! Still would love to know how to order another...Also Ive had two drop screws fall out mid flight in my first to flights. I found the first one, but not the second...is something wrong or is this common? What purpose do they serve?
Which screws?
You can buy a set of screws for the Phantom 1, I've seen it at several retailers. I think it's like $12 for every screw and nut....
also, you'll notice that the screws all have a blue substance on them-that's blue locktite...it seems to work pretty well.
But-part of my post-flight inspection is to go through with tools and check the tightness of all screws, especially the prop nuts(I've got one of the non-self tightening prop models).
Which model do you have?
EDIT: here's a link of what I found just doing a quick google search;http://www.helipal.com/phantom-16-phantom-screw-set.html?osCsid=gdna4lm787b1o9s5glsr4q81j6

Sorry! Phantom 2 and both parts are from the zenmuse gimbal. The screws
I believe are called drop screws and go through the rubber dampers. The other part is the gimball part that holds the gopro on

There are 4 rubber balls that attach the upper/lower part of the Zen-there are no screws through those. However-it's a good idea to use a couple of zip ties into the 2 side balls-and just make then snug, not tight. If/when you crash-these balls tend to pop out, and could cause damage to your camera. With the zip ties, it will tend to hold everything together in the event of a "hard landing".

Learned the hard way ;)

I'm not sure there will be any screws in the package for the Zen or the Go Pro mount. If you can-post a picture of where the screws are missing-so we can help you locate the size/type of screw.

jwrichte said:
Thanks for the reply! The screws for the zenmuse are actually called anti drop screws and they are the ones that keep ironically dropping out of the gimball. I found where to order them but im afraid they will just keep falling out.

http://www.helipal.com/dji-h3-2d-37-dji ... 716f6toq51
Didn't know about those(I didn't put mine together). Try using loctite...I've read reports on another forum of this exact same problem-and the only solution I've heard is to use loctite.

jwrichte said:
So its day one of flying my phantom - I LOVE IT - but I have already lost the bar that keeps the gopro attached....

I know it is my house somewhere, but i dont have the first idea where. Which tells me that I need to go ahead and start ordering spare parts. Anyone have any idea where to get this part or what its called??

grrr..

Funny you should ask.... Atlanta Hobby accidently shipped me one of these today. The package was addressed to me but the packing slip showed it was for someone in Houston. I returned it today so I'm guessing they stock it there!

One of my anti-drop screws fell out the very first time I did a test flight after installing the gimbal. I reinstalled the screw and haven't had a problem since. I didn't add Loctite or anything, just figured I hadn't threaded it all the way or something. So redid it and they are all staying on. quite a bit later I added a twist tie to the gimbal pieces so that if the screws fall out, the whole bottom piece won't drop with the go pro attached.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl