Dashware no longer downloading products????

Fdnyfish said:
It was a calculation I had to make

Any chance you'd have the time to share enough info that I could figure out if I could duplicate what you did? Did your calculation use a standard Flytrex Live 3G .csv file, or did you suplement that data in some way when you performed the calculation? Thanks!

Here is a screenshot of the setup I had used. Hope it helps

CSV file was straight from Flytrex Live, no changes.

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 473
Fdnyfish said:
Here is a screenshot of the setup I had used. Hope it helps

CSV file was straight from Flytrex Live, no changes.

Thanks, Frank... I think I figured it out. The very few and erratic heading changes I was able to get to display were happening when I had the heading field set to calculate like you have. The difference was, my flight had a lot of hovering, very slow lateral movement, and for very short distances at a time. It was only when the drone started moving laterally at a somewhat moderate and consistent speed, and for a little bit distance, that the calculations from lattitude and longitude would take place and update the heading indications.

It's starting to make more and more sense as I get these little issues figured out. At least the CHI gauge does work. I'm waiting on a couple of Can Bus Adapters just to get the enhanced logging function. One of the added fields is supposed to be compass data, so that should make the CHI able to properly indicate even if the drone is hovering and yawing in place, since it will not be calculating a heading when conditions allow it, but instead just reading it from a data field.

Thanks again for your time!

Fdnyfish said:
Glad it helps, I'm still gonna hang in there with DashWare

Don't blame you at all. No need to walk away from so much time invested. If the developer of DW really did go to GoPro and is developing a similar product for GoPro, and it has support, I'll probably look into it as well. I'm sure anything GoPro would put their name on will be outstanding. It would be nice if it integrated seemlessly with something like GoPro Studio. I guess it's still vaporware speculation at this point, though. Time will tell.

Hi All,

I followed all the instructions exactly as mentioned by I_am_afraid_Dave. However, I am still in trial mode and the watermark "DASH" is appearing in the preview. I'm not sure but logically this would mean that the crack has failed? And also the 30 days counter has started to appear on start up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot

Edit: Re-installing did the trick, yippee!!! Thanks a lot I_am_afraid_Dave, you're the best!!!

Fdnyfish said:
Still enjoy making Dashware gauges

Nice greage set. Did I read somewhere you saying you had the Can Bus Adapter now? Was this produced from an enhanced .csv log file from a CBA?

Fdnyfish said:
I do have the canbus, but the csv file has not changed yet

Really???!!! Well THAT would explain the lack of Flytrex response to my attempts to get a copy of the enhanced logfile from the CBA! Everything I've read sounds like it's saying a few enhancements are in there, and more will be added as things progress forward. Are you running a Flytrex Live 3G, or an earlier version? (I've read nothing that indicates whether the Live 2G is or isn't compatible with the CBA.) If it's a Live 3G, does it have v18 firmware on installed? I know they said v18 Flytrex firmware was to get ready for some of the new features coming, so I assumed (right here seems to be where most human error and misconception gets introduced... the infamous "I assumed...") v18 with the CBA would produce SOME enhanced log data. I thought that was the entire purpose of the v18 firmware upgrade. My bad for assuming.

Oh well, I guess this shows how our wants and desires can affect how how we interpret things.

Fdnyfish said:
Still enjoy making Dashware gauges

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQ9YHI5tDk[/youtube]

I love that gauge set..... Any chance of a copy.... I offer my respect to your skills.

Kev

Chuck26287 said:
Fdnyfish said:

Really???!!! Well THAT would explain the lack of Flytrex response to my attempts to get a copy of the enhanced logfile from the CBA! Everything I've read sounds like it's saying a few enhancements are in there, and more will be added as things progress forward. Are you running a Flytrex Live 3G, or an earlier version? (I've read nothing that indicates whether the Live 2G is or isn't compatible with the CBA.) If it's a Live 3G, does it have v18 firmware on installed? I know they said v18 Flytrex firmware was to get ready for some of the new features coming, so I assumed (right here seems to be where most human error and misconception gets introduced... the infamous "I assumed...") v18 with the CBA would produce SOME enhanced log data. I thought that was the entire purpose of the v18 firmware upgrade. My bad for assuming.

Oh well, I guess this shows how our wants and desires can affect how how we interpret things.

The CBAs for the Live 3G for P2V+ havent started shipping yet, so perhaps the V+ will spit out more data? Just purely speculation. I should have mine in a week or so, so I'll report back.

bbfpv said:
Chuck26287 said:
Fdnyfish said:

The CBAs for the Live 3G for P2V+ havent started shipping yet, so perhaps the V+ will spit out more data? Just purely speculation. I should have mine in a week or so, so I'll report back.

I still can't seem to get anyone from Flytrex to send me or make available on the website (like a standard .csv exported file) a copy of the enhanced .csv file for evaluation with programs like DashWare and RaceRender 3, but Rebecca did get back to me on whether there should be enhanced data in the logfile now when used with a CBA. So as not to dilute or alter the content of her reply, I'll quote the email messages in their entirety:

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the reply. I know that one feature when used with the CAN-BUS adapter is the compass direction and there are many updates in the works which will roll out as they are ready. The new firmware supports updates to the CAN-BUS adapter and each firmware update will include elements necessary for supporting new data introduced. Make sure to download the newest firmware before using your CAN-BUS adapter.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to help. I hope you have a great day.

Rebecca Hecht,
Flytrex - The World's Leading Quadcopters and Multirotors Pilots Network
Join Today: flytrex.com Like Us: facebook.com/flytrex Read All About Us: flytrex.com/blog
#KeepOnFlyin #Flytrex #Live3G

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Chuck Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

I spoke with someone currently using the Can Bus Adapter, and he indicated the .csv file exported contains no additional data at this time. I do not know yet what version of firmware he is running. I guess I’m asking if v18 firmware in a Live 3G, used with a Can Bus Adapter will log any more data in the .csv file than is currently logged with a traditional hard-wired connection?

Thanks,

Chuck Bennett

The way I interpret her reply is that when using a CBA right now, with the most recent firmware, it currently includes compass direction in the exported .csv file, with more additions to come in the near future. She does appear to be confirming v18 firmware ("the new firmware") must be on the Live 3G. Just the way I'm reading things...

Frank... did you have v18 firmware on your FL3G when you flew that last mission with the CBA but the .csv still had no new data? If you didn't, since you have the CBA, would you care to upgrade to v18, fly another mission, then see if the compass direction field is in the exported file then? Maybe even post the .csv file for us to download? Maybe Flytrex would pick you up as a Field Rep! That is a lot to ask of someone, so ignoring the request is no big deal, but if you haven't yet, and you do at some later time upgrade to v18, please post whehter the .csv file contains that compass data. Inquiring minds...

V18 has no additional data in it. You are interpreting her response wrong.

She clearly states that "I spoke with someone currently using the Can Bus Adapter, and he indicated the .csv file exported contains no additional data at this time."

Fdnyfish said:

She clearly states that "I spoke with someone currently using the Can Bus Adapter, and he indicated the .csv file exported contains no additional data at this time."

You're reading his original email, not her response :)

Fdnyfish said:

Actually, that was me communicating to her. You quoted me from my original email inquiry to her asking for her to clarify. I guess the question is... did you have v18 firmware on your FL3G when you flew the mission with the CBA and got a file that has no additional data?

I just heard back from Amit on whether the .csv file exported from a flight with a Flytrex Live 3G with v18 firmware and a Can Bus Adapter connection with have the new compass direction data in it. As of right now, it will not. The newer equipment does collect the data and transmit it to the servers, however, even though the data is there, the EXPORT function does not yet include the data in the .csv file.

Here are two brief quotes from Amit on this subject for those interested:

"Currently the compass data is indeed already collected and transmitted in real time by the Live to our servers when using the new CAN-BUS adapter (this will also work with firmware versions slightly older than v18), however, the compass information is still not included with the CSV export option. Since the data is already there, adding this should be fairly simple and we should get this added pretty soon now. "

"We will do our best to get the new compass data included with the CSV export as quickly as possible, including new data fields that we're getting ready to introduce."

Right now, this extra information is only used on the live flight page, in the form of a heading indication and a flight direction indication. Looks like it should become available to us in the form of a .csv file export in the near future.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl