Dashware no longer downloading products????

Fdnyfish, I believe you put a lot time and effort in the dashware. I'm guessing your name is also Frank and you have made many gauges, how to tutorials, and more. Do you have any idea why the dashware owner wouldn't respond to anyone that offered to keep it running or to buy it from them?

I have no idea or affiliation with dashware. It was just a product I used and enjoyed.

One more flight I just did with RaceRender3. It's powerful software, but overkill for what I need. Dashware is just much easier to use (for me anyway)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-S8OO_7eg[/youtube]

That was nice. I enjoyed that for what it was. I noticed you had a little to to contend with. Were these gauges converted dashware or some you made from racerender? They are nice!

Btw, you were the man for dashware everything. They should have given you the keys to that setup. Will dashware respond to you at all?

I like your latest set of gauges ZL1. Are you prepared to share it please? :)

I am still having issues loading a video file straight from my Vision Plus into the hacked Dashware version. When I startup Dashware, the left panel is greyed out. It stays greyed out even after I load a video. I downloaded the K-lite codec, but not sure what to do with it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

I am trying to create realistic looking aircraft instrument gauges in RaceRender 3, and have what appears to be a working Altimeter and Course Heading Indicator. I have neither DashWare nor RaceRender experience and am learning from the ground up. The gauges have multiple "layers" of both data visualization bitmaps and static bitmaps, and are as such bigger that many templates. I also don't see any way to export the grouped layers as a single "gauge" object file (.rro), so I have exported a template file (.rrt) with both gauge groupings.

I think the gauges are working correctly, but as I haven't been able to fly since installing the Flytrex Live 3G, the only .CSV file I have is the sample one available on the Flytrex website. It's kind of hard to judge how things are working when you can't really sync the data to the video. I was wondering if anyone who has some RR3 experience might try the template and evaluate the gauges? FDNYFISH... you seem pretty fluent in RR3 already, any chance you'd give it a try for me? Anyone else?

The .rrt template file extension is not allowed as an attachment on the board here, and over at the RR forum area for exchange, the template file is too big (the bitmaps, obviously). So, if anyone is willing to try the template out and evaluate the gauges for me, please email me directly at [email protected] and I'll email the .rrt file back to you.

Thanks!

shlepr said:
I am still having issues loading a video file straight from my Vision Plus into the hacked Dashware version. When I startup Dashware, the left panel is greyed out. It stays greyed out even after I load a video. I downloaded the K-lite codec, but not sure what to do with it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Why are you trying to load straight from the quad? Connect your serial cable going from your pc and into the back and top edge of the gimbal. Power the quad on. Then save the file from the quad into a selected folder.

Open Dashware. Then select your file from the dashware software. Then locate the saved .csv file into your project.

flynfrank,
Thanks for the reply. I am taking the microSD card out of the quad and inserting the microSD car into a slot of my PC. I am copying the video file from the microSD card to a folder on my PC, then trying to inport into Dashware. I even tried loading the video straight from the microSD card into Dashware with the same results. I'm not sure if loading the video file straight from the quad like you suggest will make a difference. The left panel of Dashware stays greyed out. I can view the video file with Windows Media player, or any other media player on my laptop, including Quicktime.

Any other suggestions? Are other people seeing this problem, or is it just me?

Thanks again

Fdnyfish said:
Sorry I uninstalled rr3 and won't be using it
Welcome back from "The Dark Side" :D

Fcuk, I have just finished at a job & forgot to de-active a licence before leaving and that computer is gone / recycled.

So I only have 2x activations now.

I am trying to learn Race Render - put together a couple od dials

Screen shot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 561
Working RaceRender 3 as well. Learning it without any DashWare experience, and I don't know if that is making it harder, or easier. Don't have much to compare it too, other than what seems to be an overall community preference of DW over RR. Haven't seen much comment on why people prefer DW though. I assume most people want the better flying oriented gauge selection DW has/had, but not sure. I figured if I got started in this, I wanted to try and get some gauges more aviation oriented. Here's a screen shot of two I've gotten dressed up. I really like the the more realistic rotational operation of the Course Heading Indicator (Directional Gyro) over a general needle style gauge, but the needle gauges are so much easier to layout and save. I think the CHI may need a quad outline image vs an airplane to make it a little more indicative of what was flying, but we'll see. Still going for authentic looking right now.

RR seems very functional, and like it might be more full-featured than DW, but that's just an opinion of a view from the surface. It seems to offer Picture-In-Picture from within the app, but perhaps DW offered that and I just haven't picked up on it. I definitely like the idea of having PIP to show the quad's view and an auxillary view from an onlooking camera.

Definitely a learning experience.

Attachments

• Gauge Practice.jpg
    Gauge Practice.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 431
shlepr said:
flynfrank,
Thanks for the reply. I am taking the microSD card out of the quad and inserting the microSD car into a slot of my PC. I am copying the video file from the microSD card to a folder on my PC, then trying to inport into Dashware. I even tried loading the video straight from the microSD card into Dashware with the same results. I'm not sure if loading the video file straight from the quad like you suggest will make a difference. The left panel of Dashware stays greyed out. I can view the video file with Windows Media player, or any other media player on my laptop, including Quicktime.

Any other suggestions? Are other people seeing this problem, or is it just me?

Thanks again

I'm having the same problem I can't get any video to load in Dashware, it's black and I can't scrub through the video as it's greyed out. My Flytrex data is working fine though.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbpn8e3fIdI[/youtube]

Video with RR dials

Fdnyfish said:
Another Try at it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWP-wST0X4c[/youtube]

Frank, how did you get what appears to be a properly functioning HEADING indicator in the RR3 sample videos you posted? Are you using a .csv file from a Flytrex Live 3G Can Bus Adapter that logs enhanced data? Or, have you configured the data to somehow calculate the heading from the fields in the regular Flytrex Live 3G .csv file? Or, are you using a different data file?

I have the field configured for "Heading", and the input data file shows that field set for "Automatic". I can get the heading to change, but it doesn't appear tied to any particular data field, as there is no HEADING column in the regular .csv. I am assuming the Flytrex Live 3G non-Can Bus connection does not log compass info and that's why there isn't a HEADING column. What I don't understand and can't find any rhyme or reason for is the irregular swings in the heading indicator after long periods of sitting perfectly still. I would expect it to never have data to display, yet out of the blue it starts changing indication. These swings don't appear to be following any particular data. Your heading seemed to indicate pretty accurately. If you're using a regular Flytrex Live 3G data file, how did you get it to indicate accurate heading data?

This either can't be done with the data file I have, or I'm missing something so simple I need to suck it up and ask what feels like a very stupid question. I know you quit using RR3, but your help from when you tried it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic