Dampers on P3A

Reaction score
Just noticed while giving the drone a good clean, that only 2 of the gimbal dampers have the plastic pins in. Never took any notice before but should all 4 dampers have the pins in or is this normal.

2 pins is normal and all thats needed.

Reactions: Oso and gppms
Cheers pal, I've just spent half hour on Google and drew a blank. Asked the question, went back on Google found it within 2 mins
Some people here, myself included, put small plastic cable ties loosely through the other two dampers to prevent the gimbal and camera being completely thrown off in the event of a crash.

But LOOSELY - too tight may introduce jello. ;-)

Some people here, myself included, put small plastic cable ties loosely through the other two dampers to prevent the gimbal and camera being completely thrown off in the event of a crash.

But LOOSELY - too tight may introduce jello. ;-)
Cheers pal good idea

Reactions: Oso
The Phantom 3 comes with only 2 of the dampeners with pins in, but I put the pins in all 4, done no harm and think it's better to do so.

• Sad
Reactions: DAZ K and Oso
The Phantom 3 comes with only 2 of the dampeners with pins in, but I put the pins in all 4, done no harm and think it's better to do so.
Everybody can do what they like but two opposite are recommended by DJI so that's the way to go DAZ k

IMG_7766.jpg

I don't understand why people buy an expensive product that has been carefully designed to work perfectly as a unit and then change it. My P3A came out of its box back in 2015, has worked perfectly ever since with no modifications. It has two, opposite rubber shock mounts installed and a couple of loosely tied cable ties in the other two mounting holes in case of a heavy landing so the gimbal doesn't drop down and hit the deck.
If it works don't fix or change it!

Reactions: brigerdrones
I don't understand why people buy an expensive product that has been carefully designed to work perfectly as a unit and then change it. My P3A came out of its box back in 2015, has worked perfectly ever since with no modifications. It has two, opposite rubber shock mounts installed and a couple of loosely tied cable ties in the other two mounting holes in case of a heavy landing so the gimbal doesn't drop down and hit the deck.
If it works don't fix or change it!
Nothing wrong if you make improvements, I have only done it if makes a change when flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers