D Log or D Cinelike??

Sorry to be a bit dense perhaps but can't you press the icon that shows you the preview of d log with the LUT applied on the app? It might still only be available on iOS.

Because with my camera that gives me the result I want. I hate clipping the highs, and my Phantom will clip without dropping the exposure. Each camera is a little different. Your mileage may vary. I have instrumented my approach by evaluating the scene-exposure-gamma result both with the resulting video waveform, as well as visually, on a WELL CALIBRATED monitor. Most computer monitors require calibration to get true results. HD should be calibrated to rec 709. UHD/4K calibration depends on what your monitor is capable of.

By the way, I am using a Phantom 3 4K, so there may be some subtle differences between the 2. The lower end P4K cameras are supposedly identical to the 4K cameras on the 3.

By all means use the Ettr method if it works. Just be aware of the ugly clipping that can happen if you are't careful.

The iPad/iPhone display isn't particularly accurate, or easy to read in the sunlight while flying. The most accurate way is with a waveform monitor in your post software. It reads the actual pixel values, not relying on the monitor's performance at all

The iPad/iPhone display isn't particularly accurate, or easy to read in the sunlight while flying. The most accurate way is with a waveform monitor in your post software. It reads the actual pixel values, not relying on the monitor's performance at all

I know.

Hi All,

In March of this year there was a terrific discussion on the DJI Inspire forum about how to properly expose footage for the new DLog fixed at ISO 500. This discussion is filled with information on exposure concepts and is great read for anyone wanting to improve their cinematography. Follows is the URL:

How to expose correctly if D-Log is fixed to ISO500 !!??

Don Barar

Hey guys,
I shot some commercial Real estate today and didnt realize I had left my style on D-cinelike.. all of my photos came out dark and grainy like this one, I can brighten them no problem but they stay grainy and kinda fuzzy.. How can I fix this in post processing? Or do I need to just go refly it in normal mode.

Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 184

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member