P4P v2 - Video/Photo opinion

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post so I wanna greet everyone in this supreme community :)
Please help me with reassuring, about quality of images with my p4p.
Previously I flew Tello; just to get a clue how to operate in mode 2 and general understanding of flying with drones.
Recently I've decided to buy p4p and learning video settings etc.
Can you please look at my footage (video/photo) and tell me if my drone is ok?
I'm using 4k/2k 60fps for video. Sunny/cloudy white profiles and D-Cinelike. 3x -1 in color profile (as seen in some youtube video to avoid aliasing etc.)
I know that D-log/cine should be put in post production. I'll buy some ND filter in near future- but still. I think even on stock - my pictures arent crisp enough- like I'm doing smth wrong with focusing the image. (tried manual/auto) and it still seems like its not p4p but some budget drone. :D
Please- share your thoughts.
Thanks.
Link to footage: (I'll try to add more)
Phantom share - Google Drive

I think even on stock - my pictures arent crisp enough- like I'm doing smth wrong with focusing the image. (tried manual/auto) and it still seems like its not p4p but some budget drone.
You've picked the worst subject matter to get sharp results because it's always going to be difficult to get a sharp image of a lot of distant grass and trees with only 20 million pixels.
Try something harder and closer and try using a few different aperture values.

Reactions: With The Birds
Also, as you likely appreciate- there is no use shooting DLOG unless your intent is to colour grade your footage. DLOG is supposed to look flat and soft straight from the camera.

Thanks for lightning fast response and valuable tips :) Good to know my gear is propably fine. I thought that shooting in D-log/cine makes only for grey'ish colour spectrum.
I'll try to shoot something in "ready to go" profile with "better subject" and repost here.
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl