CW or CCW?

Reaction score
I guess it';s a matter of preference, but which way do you do orbits (Litchi) and POI's (DJI-GO)?

When panning with a camera I think the "norm" is left to right which make it CCW - the default in itchy I believe.

Huh? Left to Rt is CW. Everything viewed would be moving CCW. Direction choice depends on location. Reverse in edit?
Left to right from 12 o'clock to 1 o'clock is CW. Left to right from 6 o'clock to 5 is CCW. Left to right was an obscure description.

Reactions: jimlips and Capt KO
1 2 3 o'clock 4 o'clock rock,567 aclock 8 o'clock rock 9 10 11 o'clock 12 o'clock rock,gona rock around the clock tonight,,,this can be ccw or cw lol

Lol must be why I get vertigo ?,kinda wish we didn't break off Australia, it's cold here lately, mayby they can pull us back up and things might work normal
new-zealand-globe-map.gif

Also, for some reason or another, I almost ALWAYS default to CW orbits. I wish I knew why. Completely unnecessary unless my brain knows something about itself that I don't. Did I just say that?

Reactions: Capt KO
Also, for some reason or another, I almost ALWAYS default to CW orbits. I wish I knew why. Completely unnecessary unless my brain knows something about itself that I don't. Did I just say that?
I assume you're Right handed.

Reactions: Avocet
For avoid missunderstendings. Imagine you are flying a circle arround a big clock where the center is your object.
Going from left to right (in the right hand direction) is CCW and the other way is CW.

Reactions: cneedelman
For avoid missunderstendings. Imagine you are flying a circle arround a big clock where the center is your object.
Going from left to right (in the right hand direction) is CCW and the other way is CW.
Uhhh ... no. Not quite that simple. Turning right from 90 deg. to 270 deg is a CW turn (right to left in my brain). Turning left from 90 deg to 270 deg is a CCW turn (also right to left). A situation where words are trumped by symbols.

• Haha
Reactions: Capt KO
Think of removing a screw on cap from a beverage bottle. To tighten the cap is CW (clock wise) action, to loosen the cap is CCW (counter clock wise)

It will depend on your viewpoint hemisphere (northern climes and antipodean) perspective. Throw in the Curious Coriolis Effect and what goes around is actually coming around at the same time!!!
To someone in Oz looking up to Mr REL in NC unscrewing his beer bottle top in CCW direction would appear to be CW. This is the very reason that beer was distributed in ‘tinnies’ to avoid the confusion.o_O;)

Haha, we can complicate this ad infinitum. But the only point of view is the drone point of view not the point of view of somebody else looking to the drone. So it doesn't meter if the drone is rotating or circling around some point. CW and CCW is the same at both. So imagine the compass - from 0 deg to 270 deg is the CCW moving and 0 deg to 90 deg is CW moving. It is quite simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan