Customization of my Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
Phantom 4 Pro:
So I it seems to be a natural progression to go from photography to drone photography. So I have ordered my drone but was wondering if any of you experts had any guidance for me.

So what is customizable on the drone. I don't mean changing the color with skins.
-Is there a way to swap the camera to a 3rd market manufacturer.
-I have heard there are other apps. Could you tell me why another app would be better than the given DJI Go.
-I see carbon fiber and 3 blade props. Any benefit?

I appreciate the advice.
Andrew

Last edited:
It would be useful to know which drone you are purchasing or thinking about then we could answer your questions better. However, I have made the leap you are contemplating and I would suggest that you first learn to fly the drone as is with the standard software. When you have built up expertise and knowledge about th flight of the drone as it stands you would then be in a better position to understand what you nee3 to change.

It would be useful to know which drone you are purchasing or thinking about then we could answer your questions better. However, I have made the leap you are contemplating and I would suggest that you first learn to fly the drone as is with the standard software. When you have built up expertise and knowledge about th flight of the drone as it stands you would then be in a better position to understand what you nee3 to change.
You are correct sir. I thought I put it in the 4 Pro section but am new here. I did purchased a Phantom 4 Pro. Thanks.

That is correct but I have seen so often that posters pu5 questions I. The wrong place, I just thought that clarification would be valuable.
You have purchased a brilliant camera platform and I don’t think you will be unhappy with it and the results you get. The camera is fixed, and cannot be changed. It certainly could not be replaced by a DSLR for example.
I use mine for landscapes mainly, with HDR. Whilst not , say, a Nikon top range camera with top range glass, it is a very competent unit. .
What were you thinking of using it for?

In reference to Phantom 4 Pro:

~ Negative. The Phantom series was designed around their proprietary camera/gimbel system and is not "easily" upgraded.
-I have heard there are other apps. Could you tell me why another app would be better than the given DJI Go.
~ Several but many use Litchi, Hover, AirMap and many more
These aircraft are fairly "locked" in regards to performance. The A/C is controlled by an onboard Flight Controller (FC) which is designed/programmed to keep everything within very narrow parameters and even with improved equipment the FC will maintain those same parameters.

Carbon Fiber props can be an upgrade in other systems but keep in mind that the props are the first point of failure and if that is over ridden the energy will be transferred deeper into the aircraft where it's a lot more difficult and expensive to repair/replace.

I wouldn't suggest getting a DJI Phantom to try and convert it into a "Custom" aircraft for the above reasons.

Reactions: Meta4 and apatron
That is correct but I have seen so often that posters pu5 questions I. The wrong place, I just thought that clarification would be valuable.
You have purchased a brilliant camera platform and I don’t think you will be unhappy with it and the results you get. The camera is fixed, and cannot be changed. It certainly could not be replaced by a DSLR for example.
I use mine for landscapes mainly, with HDR. Whilst not , say, a Nikon top range camera with top range glass, it is a very competent unit. .
What were you thinking of using it for?

I want to use it in video production and real estate. Considering I have a RE license, it seems to make sense. But basically I want to become versed enough to offer any kind of service requiring drone video.

There isn't a better camera that you could fly with a drone the size of a Phantom.
To hang a camera under a drone requires a gimbal that can handle the camera and a lot of intricate engineering.
DJI have already done all the hard work to produce the P4 pro.
For photography the DJI G0 4 app is best. It gives total control of all camera functions where the other apps don't.
There are other apps that handle missions that aren't possible using DJI Go.
If you wanted to do waypoint flying, Litchi is the go-to program and there are several programs used for mapping/survey missions.
No ... (why do people automatically think CF + 3 blades ... must be better?)
DJI's propulsion engineers have created a tuned propulsion system with by matching motors, ESCs, flight controller and props.
If simply adding 3 blade CF props did anything any better, they would have done that already.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31