Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

allemtura in the pilot app you can turn on over exposure warning which produces zebra bars in the FPV showing overexposed areas which is great...I will find a link on how to read the histogram and post here...

When you have a moment would either yourself or someone else mind explaining how to read the Histogram to determine an acceptable frame rate without too much over exposure please? I'll start googling now but wanted to ask in case there was a fairly simple answer. :)
The Histogram is a tool to show the exposure of the Red Green and Blue wavelengths with respect to exposure latitude that the camera can capture.

The goal is to capture as much image info as possible.

In between the limits of the histogram is usable data.. Outside the limits represents over or underexposure to the degree that detail is absent.

There is a lot more about the different tools used to correctly expose digital images. A Google search is a good idea.

Hi Dataway,

Can you put me on the list for the next run if it happens? Thanks so much!

Rob

As promised all first round orders have shipped both domestic and International. Per the post office the domestic filters should be to you by this week so I am hoping you have them to shoot over the weekend and the international orders will take 10 days for delivery. On the International orders all were sent as gifts so no extra taxes or tariffs should be assessed.

Last edited:
Hi Data did you put me down for 2 sets as per my PM. because of the time difference I have only just got home from work and didn't see your request to send PM again.

Also just so you are aware I provided you all with a little extra and provided antistatic separators between all the filters so each filter is sandwiched between this antistatic paper to keep the filters from scratching and rubbing each other, the Wratten 2 filters are pretty durable and less prone to scratching but I waned to provide you guys with a bit more protection and I also made up filter holders out of index cards and when you get them you will notice 3 round stickers if you just take a knife and cut the top sticker with the folded side down it will make it into a pouch by squeezing the sides and you can store you filters in there. Sorry if this sounds vague but you will understand when you receive your packages....and I am sure you are all aware to try and just touch the edges of the filters when handling them and the Wratten 2 filters can be wiped clean with a antistatic soft cloth just try and blow any dust that may be on them first before wiping them....

Reactions: davemex
As promised all first round orders have shipped both domestic and International. Per the post office the domestic filters should be to you by this week so I am hoping you have them to shoot over the weekend and the international orders will take 10 days for delivery. On the International orders all were sent as gifts so no extra taxes or tariffs should be assessed.
Perfect. I'm really excited to try these out. I'm heading to the beach in 2 weeks, which would be over-exposure city without something like this. Thank you again for doing this for all of us!

I recently purchased some -3 stop ND Gel material and setup my CNC machine with a drag knife and cut a filter to fit exactly into the removable lens cover that is on the Phantom 3.

It is raining here at the moment so have not had a chance to take it out for a test but will post comparison pictures here when i am able....

For now here are some pics of the filter and of it installed on my camera....

View attachment 19309 View attachment 19310 View attachment 19311
Hello there! I would love to buy a set of those filters, can give me info? [email protected]

I recently purchased some -3 stop ND Gel material and setup my CNC machine with a drag knife and cut a filter to fit exactly into the removable lens cover that is on the Phantom 3.

It is raining here at the moment so have not had a chance to take it out for a test but will post comparison pictures here when i am able....

PM sent.

Please count me in for a couple sets when they're available again.

Hi Dataway!

I've registered to just say I would really like to be on the next round of shipments for a few sets. Please let me know! :)

I would like to order 3 sets please

Hello all and I hear you loud and clear... :) I am working to get more Wratten 2 Gel material and will keep everyone up to date on this thread as I progress on my quest...

Haven't gotten my filters yet but tried to remove the screwed in polarizing glass last night on the phantom 3. Didn't budge, but I didn't force it much. My hand kept slipping. I was thinking of gently warming the cap with a hairdryer to cause the plastic the expand some. Just enough to warm to the touch. Nothing drastic that would harm it. Maybe using a rubber band to hold the cap. Any pointers for this of you with tight caps?

delirious I found that it does not take much force to unscrew the lens cover but if it is slipping I have heard others using a wide rubber band to get a grip on it and turn it lightly trying not to pinch it too much...

Reactions: mitsaras2003

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z