Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

wanted to provide an update to let you all know I have finally managed to get my dealer to send me a high grade Linear Polarizing GEL material for testing and at the moment the price will allow me to offer them for to you all for approximately $3.50 shipped anywhere in the US. I will have the GEL in hand on Friday and will do some testing to see how effective it is and will post a comparison video if I feel it is good enough to offer to you all....I did not want to settle for a cheaper GEL as I did receive one for testing and the results were terrible. I will keep this thread updated with my findings...

Thanks...I may be able to come up with a quick design and 3D print it out of the same soft flexible material i print my lens covers with keeping your description in mind. Let me see what i can come up with and if you don't mind i can pass along my ideas through you for your suggestions.
Found something that works for me. The round paper dividers that originally came with the filters fit perfectly in a plastic SD card case. I slip the filters in between the paper dividers to keep from getting scratches on them. No room for tweezers, but at least the filters are well protected.

Found something that works for me. The round paper dividers that originally came with the filters fit perfectly in a plastic SD card case. I slip the filters in between the paper dividers to keep from getting scratches on them. No room for tweezers, but at least the filters are well protected.
Great Idea....we have some great minds on this forum....never cease to amaze me...

Reactions: Brad Pierce
So to use it, we take the cap off and put the filters in? Anything we should know instructions etc?

Reactions: dataway
Great customer service BTW. I'm sure I will be ordering more as they are fragile, but fragile is OK when they are cheap!

Can you recommend me at which auto shutter/ISO speed I should use nd3 and which one for the stacked nd6?

Sorry I'm completely new to this

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437698010.746476.jpg

New to this whole photo editing thing, but got my filters and here is a picture of the Hudson River with the filters doubled up. I like it. Item was quickly received and accurate in description. Would absolutely buy more products from dataway.

Only thing after many uses I am noticing is a circle of color in frame when faced with bright sun. Not sure if it is due to filter quality or not, but still stand by OP. Stand up seller and would by again. May order another set as my filters look a little scratched even as careful as I was. Dataway is solid.

I'll give this a shot as well but I have literally tried everything. I even wrapped the tips of pliers in rubber bands and straight up grabbed it and twisted it. The rubber bands slipped before it budged. I also followed this tutorial to a T How to remove a stuck lens cover. and failed. The string always slips no matter how tight I twisted it. There is absolutely no way it should be like this.

I'm having the same problem. I've literally tried every bit of advice on unscrewing this filter, and it won't budge. I've also taken it to 3 camera repair places with no luck. Did you ever get yours off?

Would love to buy a couple of these filters. Please message me. Thanks!

Sorry All I no longer can get the Wratten material to produce these filters at the price I was selling them for on this thread and i don't want to use a sub-standard material. If anything changes I will put an update here....

Thanks again and happy flying...

Can you recommend me at which auto shutter/ISO speed I should use nd3 and which one for the stacked nd6?

Sorry I'm completely new to this
In a perfect world ISO 100 and the shutter speed at twice the FPS (EV.0 would be perfect scenario). [ 4k/24fps . . . shutter goal should be 50, 1080/60fps shutter goal 120, etc....] Some good tutorials online if you want to think it thru a bit more.

In a perfect world ISO 100 and the shutter speed at twice the FPS (EV.0 would be perfect scenario). ISO is negotiable because of lighting, but for the most part, lower ISO is best. [ 4k/24fps . . . shutter goal should be 50, 1080/60fps shutter goal 120, etc....] Some good tutorials online if you want to think it thru a bit more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl