Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

John. U have a winner here!!! Love mine! Iv been looking for a storage solution. A small plastic flat case with cover with snap would be be great. U could glue a square of lens cloth to the bottom. Some small plastic tweezers to fit inside. If anyone has ideas where to get. Let me know!!! B

Reactions: dataway
John. U have a winner here!!! Love mine! Iv been looking for a storage solution. A small plastic flat case with cover with snap would be be great. U could glue a square of lens cloth to the bottom. Some small plastic tweezers to fit inside. If anyone has ideas where to get. Let me know!!! B

Thanks Brad and that Idea of yours sounds great let me do some searching and see what I can come up with it not already made I may be able to come up with something that is cost effective...

Nice. I have some hitec servos. They came in a blue see thru soft plastic case. Too big for this. But its the idea. If it was shorter that would work. I poked around photographers supply. But didnt see anything. I thot maybe a photo lenscap case like thing might be the ticket. Ill keep looking. Nice vid on installation btw. [emoji4]

Thanks...I may be able to come up with a quick design and 3D print it out of the same soft flexible material i print my lens covers with keeping your description in mind. Let me see what i can come up with and if you don't mind i can pass along my ideas through you for your suggestions.

Reactions: Brad Pierce
Or just thinking maybe out of card stock or poster board, the envelope you received your filters in is actually custom cut, scored by my CNC machine I then just fold them by hand makes it really easy..HMM just thinking out loud here...

Thinking out loud here. I have a CD flap holder on the cars visor. It hold about 8 CDs. U slide them in the slots. The slot covers about 2/3s of the cd. Wonder if a mini holder would work for each filter. With plastic tweezers u could keep fingerprints off them. Maybe have a flap to cover the whole thing for storage/ transport. Hmmm. Of couse a plastic box would be dust proof more than a slot folder holder. Does a mini CD case work?? Hmmm

Can't wait to get my set. To everyone else just looking in: communication with John is great, prompt and accommodating. Even worked with me as I was having problems with PayPal. Highly recommend. Can't wait to try out the filters.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor