Custom 80w LED light bar for Phantom 3

Found this website specializing in LED lights for quads:

dji drone LED Light

I have never ordered from them but I think it is worth taking a look. It appears that their lights have their own battery and does not use the Phantom battery.
those are overpriced plus battery goes where camera is at bad design how due I know this I bought a set from them and sent it back

Reactions: liketogethigh
I'm not sure. We haven't done a daytime flight yet. But I know a spot we can try a test flight to find out!! It would be pretty far. Both the emergency strobe and LED bars are very bright.

We (Drone-Fan & I) reside in Rocklin so pretty much next door to you.

A great place to fly would be at this park on top of a hill near our homes. Overlooks Thunder Valley / Lincoln. Great area to do our daytime test flight.

Google Maps
Nice! When you get ready to do that, let me know and - if you don't mind - I may want to top by and watch.

mine where around 19 dollars doesn't affect flight time that you can tell

Gee, I love this country ... Imagine UFO reports pouring :D... One issue, however, crossed my mind: the Lightbridge communication. Note that your metal rig is partially screening antennas embedded into landing gear structure ... Be careful with long distance runs ...

No not yet. Soon I'm sure tho.

He's currently building a new 120w LED bar. If memory is right, I think he said it'll push him over 10,000 lumens based on CREE spec sheets. He's waiting for the LED chips to come in - he has everything else needed to build the bar.

Yes we have rigged it up for day flights but one to check the weight & balance. You can see the light if the reflectors are pointing in your direction and you're looking for them. Distance of 3500-4000 ft. I have another kit with a orange strobe that is good for 4000-5000 ft-daytime, 4+ miles at night. During the day the orange strobe is much easier to spot.

The next project will have 4 additional Cree led's - 12 total. 4ea on the left, right & front. Using the new Cree XP-L COB's which are 25% brighter (for the same power) than the 1st spotlight rig. Each LED will have TIR lense reflectors which are high temperature rated plastic, with an elliptical wide spot focal. I estimate the 12 LED COB's will give me approximately 11,000 Lm.

We'll put together a photo package in the next 5-10 days and share with the group.

Just watching the video...very bright lights..had a question. .the battery pole attachment..can you buy separate,without the light?that's what I need on mine..I have strobs on my p3p...I'm using a cell phone juice back.."portable battery charger"...for my 5v..I was thinking just using a 12v cig lighter circuitboard and then powering from the battery poles,like yours...

Just watching the video...very bright lights..had a question. .the battery pole attachment..can you buy separate,without the light?that's what I need on mine..I have strobs on my p3p...I'm using a cell phone juice back.."portable battery charger"...for my 5v..I was thinking just using a 12v cig lighter circuitboard and then powering from the battery poles,like yours...
I bought a cheap headlight to get battery pole insert but know my buddy chuck on here took shell apart and hardwired it in

I bought a cheap headlight to get battery pole insert but know my buddy chuck on here took shell apart and hardwired it in
Well I hardwired my strobes in but for some odd reason I lost connection to the battery voltage

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic