Curved lines in HDR output

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone seen this phenomena and maybe know how to resolve it ?
P4P camera, picture taken in DNG format and they look normal as they should.
When I load 3 bracketed images into HDR software and tweak it, it comes out with curved lines in this case curved horizon. Color picture is origina; BW is from Photomatix pro blended HDR

Attachments

• 2018-03-11 09_12_14-Preview - DJI_0007_8_9.jpg
    2018-03-11 09_12_14-Preview - DJI_0007_8_9.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 2018-03-11 09_13_33-.jpg
    2018-03-11 09_13_33-.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 397
BW picture looks like Lens Profile Corrected, but using not correct profile. Is there any possibility to switch it off?

First. The JPEG is lens corrected. The DNGs are not unless your raw file processor can add the lens correction. Photomatix cannot. Lens correct then in Lightroom export them as tiffs to Photomatix. That should solve your problem.

On the subject of HDR, I can highly recommend EasyHDR. The chromatic aberration removal even on single images is amazing, and with AEB shots: the results are IMO better than PhotoMatix Pro produces and on a par with Aurora HDR at a much lower cost.

I tested them (and others) with dozens of shots and...EasyHDR gets my vote. BTW if you download the V3 demo (there is also a free V2 Basic version, but...spend some cash, the results are worth it) it doesn't automatically recognise the DJI 6310 (P4P) camera for chromatic aberration removal, but you can set the focal length to 9mm (slightly off, but close) to test with. In the paid-for version it uses the correct data from the LensFun database automatically. Neither Photomatix Pro or Aurora HDR recognise the camera at all, so...pass?

Oh yes, it also works perfectly with RAW photos and applies the correct Lens Correction to them (not in the demo version though)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom