Currently available firmware versions in DJI Assistant

Reaction score
Can someone with a P4P connect it to the computer and make a screenshot of the currently available firmware versions in DJI Assistant? (up and downgrade) There normally are 3 but I'm not sure which ones are available at this moment.

I think they removed the ability to roll back firmware. Mine is only showing the latest one now.

yeah I think the roll back option is gone.

It is gone and is most likely due to the firmware hacks. So, now we all suffer.

and we all go down in flames.
I just sent my p4p a/c and controller back to dji.
could not link controller to a/c and controller would not turn off.
wonder what I will get back and if it will work.

what going on DJI is in panic mode someone posted a Video on YP, how to mode the DJI AC's so looks like DJI removed all the firmware from the server, except for the current one. on like myself my AC is P4Pro with V01.04.0602 firmware in fact I'm trying to figure out to save the firmware to my Mac.. and I'm also looking for V01.03.0509, April 12th 2017 V01.03.0418 2017.03.07 as a backup I'm not sure whats going to happen with the next updates.....

My guess is that as DJI release new versions of firmware to stay one step ahead of any hackers they will ground/limit flight until you upgrade to the latest version - they are keen to work on 'safety' with the governments around the world, they can't be seen to be sitting back whilst people are hacking into their firmware can they?

My guess is that as DJI release new versions of firmware to stay one step ahead of any hackers they will ground/limit flight until you upgrade to the latest version - they are keen to work on 'safety' with the governments around the world, they can't be seen to be sitting back whilst people are hacking into their firmware can they?
So while DJI is acting like a dog chasing its tail its customer have to suffer.
No matter what FW is put out there's going to be someone out there looking to hack it,why ? , because its there..

I would suggest that DJI are chasing their tails because they want to keep the FAA and legislators happy so that their market is not damaged - hackers tend not to give a stuff about their actions.

The last thing DJI will want is one of their drones to be the one that makes the news when it crashes into something or injures somebody - the blame would immediately fall with them not the pilot. If it was proved to be hacked, it would be their fault that the software could be hacked etc etc

Trying to circumvent rules and regulations which are put in place to protect us all is what is screwing this whole thing up - don't blame DJI as they are just trying to keep their market share.

DJi could easily release a patch a week to stop hackers and dress it up as a no fly zone update

We have to remember that we get to use airspace as a privilege not a right.

I would suggest that DJI are chasing their tails because they want to keep the FAA and legislators happy so that their market is not damaged - hackers tend not to give a stuff about their actions.

The last thing DJI will want is one of their drones to be the one that makes the news when it crashes into something or injures somebody - the blame would immediately fall with them not the pilot. If it was proved to be hacked, it would be their fault that the software could be hacked etc etc

Trying to circumvent rules and regulations which are put in place to protect us all is what is screwing this whole thing up - don't blame DJI as they are just trying to keep their market share.

DJi could easily release a patch a week to stop hackers and dress it up as a no fly zone update

We have to remember that we get to use airspace as a privilege not a right.
DJI needs to take the same attitude as car & gun makers that they make a safe product and its up to the buyer to use it responsibly instead of selling a product and then changing the rules as they wish.

DJI needs to take the same attitude as car & gun makers that they make a safe product and its up to the buyer to use it responsibly instead of selling a product and then changing the rules as they wish.

Crap analogy - car manufacturers restrict how you use their products (max speed limited, ABS brakes, traction control, stability systems etc). they also regularly recall cars for both software and hardware updates - would you ignore those if you thought they represented a safety risk.

Both guns and cars require licences, insurance and are covered by strict laws which if you decide to ignore carry severe penalties.

If drones were covered by a similar licencing system and enforcement, I doubt that we would be having this conversation.

Crap analogy - car manufacturers restrict how you use their products (max speed limited, ABS brakes, traction control, stability systems etc). they also regularly recall cars for both software and hardware updates - would you ignore those if you thought they represented a safety risk.

Both guns and cars require licences, insurance and are covered by strict laws which if you decide to ignore carry severe penalties.

If drones were covered by a similar licencing system and enforcement, I doubt that we would be having this conversation.
Your really starting to sound like a broken record,

hello andy_k
new firmware for what AC cause I'm the DJI forums can't see any info .. but I'm not surprise cause if they put a new firmware they going try to crack it . DJI as a battle in there hands cause it seems they hacked the go app too. so for now I'm not going to upgrade firmware for app for a while . turn off my wifi off on my iPad so far i been flying with no problems.

hello andy_k
new firmware for what AC cause I'm the DJI forums can't see any info .. but I'm not surprise cause if they put a new firmware they going try to crack it . DJI as a battle in there hands cause it seems they hacked the go app too. so for now I'm not going to upgrade firmware for app for a while . turn off my wifi off on my iPad so far i been flying with no problems.

I didn't say there was new firmware yet, I'm just saying that if they want to stay ahead of the hackers they may go that way - currently, they seem to have removed all the old versions from the servers so that we can't roll back.

As long as you don't update and as long as DJI don't make it mandatory then you can carry on flying on the old firmware - unless you are flying commercially when your licence/insurance may well specify running on the latest firmware.

The end user licence we all accepted allows DJI to make changes to their firmware even though it's running on your machine.

Interesting times

I didn't say there was new firmware yet, I'm just saying that if they want to stay ahead of the hackers they may go that way - currently, they seem to have removed all the old versions from the servers so that we can't roll back.

As long as you don't update and as long as DJI don't make it mandatory then you can carry on flying on the old firmware - unless you are flying commercially when your licence/insurance may well specify running on the latest firmware.

The end user licence we all accepted allows DJI to make changes to their firmware even though it's running on your machine.
Interesting times

ok cool yeah DJI has security issues in protecting the apps and programing or codes. everyday i see a new information on how to Mod the DJI AC's and they just posted (not going post the website) a FCC hack on the go app. not sure what a FCC hack is but looks like DJI is getting hit from all side to be honest I'm not impress with DJI support. if DJI support is like the programing staff they have major issues .... I'm sorry DJI supporter but they need help,i think they got too BIG now they paying the price specially in the Support area... .... welcome to reality.... and yes i don't plan to update for a long time.. i turn off my wifi on my iPad so far no issues.. hey guys and gals great forum keep it going..

Last edited:
so for now I'm not going to upgrade firmware for app for a while . turn off my wifi off on my iPad so far i been flying with no problems.
Its pretty amazing the lengths that owners must go thru just to be able to fly their drones just because a company wants to change the rules mid-game.
I know I didn't buy my ipad mini just to fly my drone and not be connected to the interweb via wifi.
DJI once was a hero but quickly becoming a zero.

Reactions: andyca57
Its really not difficult to turn on and off your wifi settings as needed. But I guess thats pretty amazing to some. c'mon really?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4