Crowdfund hacker to build custom firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He`s right....there is a way to they became available....i just couldn`t figure out how...

Thanks, the important here is to share and achieve a common purpose!

Don`t think that there is that version for yours....1.3.2 was only to Advanced and Pro.

cool you managed to dump a uboot log... did you find some serial pin locations? or did you find some jtag pin locations etc..(photos?? Pretty Please:)

btw excellent work!!
now we can get onto reversing this *****!
hzl

Please add me.(to the P3 Firmware development group)
. ie I grok code/hw/reversing/unix/linux/embedded/crypto/etc

hzl
ps first we need to see just HOW locked is that bootloader and stepping level for that cpu..
hmm been looking for an excuse to get a ChipWhisperer :)

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help with what your saying. I haven't messed with hex, bootloaders, or any of the sort since they hacked Dave's cards back in the day.
Good ole days...eh?
Count me in for money...just say where to put it.

And yeah, the FEA and NTSB doesn’t want our drones bumping into other vessels, but the 500-pound gorilla is homeland security.
Homeland Security could not give a rip about drones. That could change but to date there are no directives regarding drones for the Department of Homeland Secuirty. There just isn't. DHS enforces the laws on the books. Domestic drone flights are not a concern for DHS.

Reactions: Apilot101
I don't think they they are known for communicating issues like this to civilians. I don't think they would want to anyway. It might plant ideas that didn't exist.

But, ok

Just joined. EE with some interest in HW/SW hacking. I've been taking a casual look into the P3S FW and would love to join the private forum to share where I've been so far.

Right. And, now, you cannot.

Why would you want to fly in a no-fly zone if it's illegal?
What was once a fun hobby, seems to have turned into an activity burdened with the fear of prosecution. It's gotten ridiculous. This country has become a place where having fun is getting increasingly prohibitive.

Reactions: yakangler10
I'm too lazy but someone should put a pool of money together and hire a "software engineer" to jailbreak the phantom.

It's only a matter of time...
With my present level of upgrades, I can still fly as high and far as I wish with my P3A. I'll keep it that way. Where I live, there's no one who really gives a f**k.

Is it possible via firmware to remove the line to check if the battery serial number matches the clones?

I'd donate mine to the cause, but I'm kinda fond of it. DJI removed my limitations. I had to sign waivers and non disclosure agreements about my firmware modifications, get witnesses, fax stuff back and forth...bottom line, I can spin up and fly on Will Rodgers international airports runways if I want to. I use my local airport to play, and the pilots give me no crap whatsoever...I fly at work, next to an airport. (I have the control tower on speed dial) it will flash "You are in a no-fly zone" briefly, then go green "You are safe to fly Gps"

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd donate mine to the cause, but I'm kinda fond of it. DJI removed my limitations. I had to sign waivers and non disclosure agreements about my firmware modifications, get witnesses, fax stuff back and forth...bottom line, I can spin up and fly on Will Rodgers international airports runways if I want to. I use my local airport to play, and the pilots give me no crap whatsoever...I fly at work, next to an airport. (I have the control tower on speed dial) it will flash "You are in a no-fly zone" briefly, then go green "You are safe to fly Gps"

Great job. I've had enough rules, regulations and threats of fines and incarcerations from flying a 2lb RC that disappears from sight at 300' away. I refuse to join the"Club of Conformity and Fear" that has swept our hobby. Robots, march on. I'll stay where I am.

How did you get the limitations removed?

Developers:

Any new about roll back fw? I miss the the non-drifting 1.3.2.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl