Crow Attack! or subtitle: Crows are Territorial

Reaction score
I was flying at a local reservoir here in Okinawa at about 138 feet and looked away from the P4P+ screen for a second at the drone (in VLOS at 1354 feet) when the optical avoidance tone went off. Up to this point in the video I was slowing from about 17 mph down to zero as I turned to the right. I looked at the screen and saw a crow departing out of view on the left. Ignoring all of the advice given here about doing a power climb, I dove down to 75 feet and topped out at 28 mph. I looked back at the drone and saw several crows pursuing the drone so I popped it into sport mode to get away from them. I cut that part of the video out as it was hilarious watching the screen jink left right, etc., as I tried to point towards home. I had seen these crows on an earlier flight (I was much higher) but on this flight I didn't see them at all. After I reviewed the video I saw that he came in from the left and got nearly in front of the drone. I assume it was the forward OA that picked him up.

When ever I see large birds I scat outta there. We have Eagles and hawks here. Both formidable to the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj