Critical Error on new P4P

Reaction score
I just received my new P4P from an authorized dealer on Amazon, fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. When I tried to start it up I was looking at the back (battery) end of the aircraft. When it was going through the startup procedure only the leds on the left side (both front and back) of the aircraft were blinking. The ones on the right side never lit up. When the startup was completed the two left side leds were lit solid red. The bird was also beeping about once per second.

After a lot of fiddling I decided maybe the firmware needed updating so I updated both the controller and the aircraft to the current firmware through the DJI Assistant 2. The RC update went through fine. It took several tries on the aircraft but I finally succeeded with that update. While doing the aircraft update the red leds and beeping continued continuously and I finally realized the beeping was coming from the right hand rear motor. The motor was twitching in time to the beeps and I think there was a problem with it. It seems to turn as freely as the other motors.

I guess I'm about to test out Amazon's return policy unless any one can suggest anything else I might try.

Ed

I have heard conflicting info about whether the beeping comes from the ESC's or the motors... I always thought it was the ESC's but you might want to investigate that a bit further...

I have heard conflicting info about whether the beeping comes from the ESC's or the motors... I always thought it was the ESC's but you might want to investigate that a bit further...

ESC's are solid state. They can be used to modulate the motors to make sounds ... and that is what is being done.

It's a new P4P and you are seeing a critical error. I suggest to get a new replacement.

Reactions: Traveler
Thanks for your reply's guys. Just to update, I kept fiddling with the setup until I finally found a message in the DJI Go4 software saying,"Gimbal Cannot Receive MC Data." "Gimbal and Main Controller Disconnected. Contact DJI Support if this persists after restart." Well, it persisted. Where the ribbon cable connects into the gimbal looked OK but I wasn't about to open up the body to see if it was disconnected from a circuit board.

I initiated a return to Amazon and was told I'd get a refund so I reordered the P4P from Amazon (as the seller). Hope this one turns out better.

Ed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl