Critical battery warning

No-- I'm speechless - no ideas
Speechless because "all the people are following all the guidelines" when in fact, that is not the case, especially when it comes to battery recommendations.

Have you uploaded flight records to Healthydrones.com? Very detailed battery diagnostics there. I've found them very useful! I'm sure it's the same data your looking at in realtime but a full record of each cell plus you can look at historical trends over the life of the battery.

I had this happen yesterday at 68%, it wasn't a critical warning but a low battery warning and it did switch to RTH. I found out in my case that this is what it's supposed to do. I was out 13,600 feet. I'm probably full off beans but my thinking is that it's part of the smart home feature and it calculates how much battery you need to return home safely with a bit to spare. I checked my flight record and when the little yellow circle with the H on it got to the time remaining on the top of the screen it went into RTH. It definitely got my attention but now I know how to watch for it. Not saying this is what happened in your case but it's something for you to look at.

I had this happen yesterday at 68%, it wasn't a critical warning but a low battery warning and it did switch to RTH. I found out in my case that this is what it's supposed to do. I was out 13,600 feet. I'm probably full off beans but my thinking is that it's part of the smart home feature and it calculates how much battery you need to return home safely with a bit to spare. I checked my flight record and when the little yellow circle with the H on it got to the time remaining on the top of the screen it went into RTH. It definitely got my attention but now I know how to watch for it. Not saying this is what happened in your case but it's something for you to look at.
The other side of the issue is that these drones were never originally designed for that distance-- but we all want to push them to the limits and when they go down, surprise sets in very quickly.

Hi, I had a P2VP, and 3 batteries, they have 15 discharge time or above, and I left my P2VP for 5 or 6 months not using it, so when I try to fly it, my batteries were fully charged, so I go to make a photo shutting for a project, and almost a 15 seconds after go flying, it starts the Critical Battery Error, on two of my batteries the same.

After an our or so, I contact DJI Service, and try to fly with the last of my three batteries, I fly excellent, no trouble, but I keep it low, take my photos, just what I need, and flew back, no exposing to a crash.

At night, DJI answer me to discharge it and then recharge it, also to make software actualization.

I discharge both batteries, charge them again, and take my phantom to another location, but I flew it 2 days later, and the same but on the 3 batteries, so I contact again DJI, and the answer was

"Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid the batteries are not able to be used any more. Since you mentioned it has been 5 months, I'm afraid that we are not able to assist to repair it. We provide 3 months warranty for the p2v+ batteries.
Here is our after-sales policy, please take a reference"

This batteries are not cheap, so I read your posts, and I will try to discharge them again, clean all, and try to fly again.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31