CREE Strobon Lights help?

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order the CREE Strobon for my P4P. Is three enough and does it matter which color you get?

Where's the best place to attach them to the P4P so that it does not interfere with the compass/gps?

Thanks!

Color does not matter. Just needs to meet faa requirement of visible from at least 3sm. I use HD velcro.

I would say go for 4. One for each side. I started with 2 and when i tested mine at 16,000 feet i could only see the 2 sides that had lights, and not the other two. So i run 4 to be sure.

They are tiny and the velcro holds them secure.

Is three enough and does it matter which color you get?

Three should be fine. I normally fly with 4 (1 top, 1 in back just below bottom battery grip, and one on each of the rear motor mounts).

The white cree's are the most visible. I originally had the red cree's and switched over to the white because they are significantly brighter at distance.

Where's the best place to attach them to the P4P so that it does not interfere with the compass/gps?

I have not had any interference issues using the 4 locations described above.

Pics of my install here:
Flytron Strobe Lights

Here's where I put mine - 2 red in the front and 2 white in the rear. Might get one more white for the very top.

Nice strobe setup . . I use STROBON as well as CREE both very good in low light, Have you tried just looking at the display arrow (Bottom left) to show orientation of the craft at any distance. . DJI GO4 has it on all versions

My most popular mount for them is this one for the P4P, they can be mounted rear facing or side facing, they don't interfere with anything here.

You can but these pretty much anywhere and they won't interfere with the compass, etc.

The link is not working anymore.

Does anyone know of any vendors that stock these in the UK? I think the shipping cost can be drastically reduced if ordered from the UK.
Sorry about that, you can find the mounts HERE I ship to the UK from the USA, shipping cost is around $14 US though, we charge actual shipping costs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20