Creapy Sun Sheild

Reaction score
This may look like a Halloween costume, but it is actually my sun shield for flying my Phantom 3.

I know it looks ridiculous, but it works. It is light weight and completely does away with any glare on the screen. The spandex fabric should be completely transparent to the radio signals and from the inside I can see a little bit of what is around me. Being black, it does get a little hot in there, but I'll probably make a silver one for summer.

My wife says I shouldn't use it because I will scare people to death. I don't plan on using it unless I'm completely alone out in the desert as I suspect I would get a lot of attention.

What do you think?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This may look like a Halloween costume, but it is actually my sun shield for flying my Phantom 3.

I know it looks ridiculous, but it works. It is light weight and completely does away with any glare on the screen. The spandex fabric should be completely transparent to the radio signals and from the inside I can see a little bit of what is around me. Being black, it does get a little hot in there, but I'll probably make a silver one for summer.

My wife says I shouldn't use it because I will scare people to death. I don't plan on using it unless I'm completely alone out in the desert as I suspect I would get a lot of attention.

What do you think?

How easy is it to get off holding the controller? I use a photographer head cover -- black-- when the sun is really bright-- just drape It over.

Very attractive! You may find yourself being the poster child for the anti-drone faction. ;)

Reactions: JoBe and bobmyers
It is fairly easy to take on and off. I would only take it off for landing. I just put the bird in hover, remove cover and land.
What do you do with the controller while you are pealing it off?

Clearly LOS is out of the question when I'm a mile plus out. It is far safer to be able to clearly see the screen at that point.
That is the whole FAA issue and one that will become the driving point of all the regs

What do you think?

Did a lot of camera work in the desert in New Mexico and Nevada. Shots absolutely had to be framed and focused correctly. Black cotton bags, not as sexy as yours but very similar, were a must. During the cooler months a black trench-coat. I prefer Sony HMZ-T3W and having a spotter, make sure when you don your sexy black leotard, that you too have a spotter. That way you can be warned when Sasquatch is sneaking up behind you. And make sure not to be eating Jack Link's in that sexy leotard, filming Sasquatch, you might give a whole new meaning to "over-the-moon".

lol

lol, Crazy I cannot imagine me trying this in the UK people already think I'm crazy middle of the park holding a controller.

What do you think?

OMG...I laughed so hard I almost shot coffee out of my nose...this looks like a terrorist wearing a burka....but when you think about it...its a low cost solution guaranteed to actually work

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.