Where can I fly in Asia without stupid, restrictive laws?

Reaction score
I posted this in the Mavic section but thought some here may not read this there.
Thailand has recently brought in the most ridiculous rules, regulations and laws making it almost impossible for a tourist to fly even a Tello.

I fly out for Phuket tonight, and not being able to fly free of any recriminations is the reason this may be my last trip to Thailand for quite some time. Awful shame I love the place, Thailand.
So, for my next jaunt abroad I am looking at other far East Asian places to go where I can fly, within the sensible law, and with ease.
Does anyone know of an Asian country that has reasonable laws?
I was thinking of Vietnam or Cambodia.
I am going to start some research but a little help would be appreciated.

It's odd that I can fly in so many places within a few minutes’ drive of my house where it is completely legal and acceptable to fly without any worry at all.

I posted this in the Mavic section but thought some here may not read this there.
Thailand has recently brought in the most ridiculous rules, regulations and laws making it almost impossible for a tourist to fly even a Tello.

I fly out for Phuket tonight, and not being able to fly free of any recriminations is the reason this may be my last trip to Thailand for quite some time. Awful shame I love the place, Thailand.
So, for my next jaunt abroad I am looking at other far East Asian places to go where I can fly, within the sensible law, and with ease.
Does anyone know of an Asian country that has reasonable laws?
I was thinking of Vietnam or Cambodia.
I am going to start some research but a little help would be appreciated.

It's odd that I can fly in so many places within a few minutes’ drive of my house where it is completely legal and acceptable to fly without any worry at all.

Did something recently change? Based on UAV coach, Thai restrictions are similar to the US. They don’t seem unreasonably restrictive.

Drone Laws in Thailand | UAV Coach (2018)

That’s unfortunate, I have heard it’s a beautiful place for filming. Each country seems to have its own nuances. Some are just over the top restrictive (Canada), others are unclear (Mexico). Even the US is relatively unclear. The FAA guidelines are clear enough, but local rules, ordinances, bans, restrictions can be ridiculous. Like any new tech, it will take time for prevailing rules to become established.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4