Crazy drone crash!

Yeah that's what I used lol never tried to make/edit a vid before so my son said try that it's very easy to learn and it actually was pretty noob friendly lol I'll most likely upgrade to a more powerful editor as I learn more about it been wanting to get into it since getting the phamtom [emoji1] I'll definitely look into filmora have also thought about davinci it seems to have good reviews, have you tried that one?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using PhantomPilots mobile app
never used divinchi but filmora is really simple to use. You can get it for free, download the demo, then get a free key code from the net, make sure WiFi is turned off, enter the key code and BOOM...You just got free software lol. Just don't use it when the net is on or it will deactivate it and you will have to keep 're~entering the key code lol [emoji6]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

With no reg numbers, I'd post the flyer, give it a week or so, then adopt it. If the owner does come forward, explain to them this is one really good reason to number the aircraft (besides the legal requirement).

My guess is the lack of a camera aided in losing it. A loss of visual with no GPS system on board (assuming), and it's gone quick!

Hand it into the police but without a complaint. I believe after six months as the finder you get to keep it.

that's a custom built clone. But no camera is highly unusual. I would check around the crash location for debris and maybe around the roof or overhangs for the camera. Looking at the security video footage, there's a minivan that drives by at the same time, maybe another remote car pilot got scared when it crashed into your building and took off.

OK so here's what happened. A couple days ago my son was over at my place helping with a building project I'm doing, well it was around lunch time so we were inside and watching some quad vidoes on YouTube when all of a sudden we hearf this crash sound outside my front door. We looked at each other like wtf was that lol. Went outside and there was a drone sitting on my front patio (its like a 10 foot by 15 foot patio area made out of those decorative paver blocks). It wasn't damaged all that bad one landing gear was broke one prop broke and the GPS antanae broke loose from it's mount. The odd thing is I live in a very small town and then I live out in the country out of the town, a few houses around but not many it's mostly alfalfa and Chile fields all over just hundreds and hundreds of acres of that. I only know one other person in town(I'm sure there are more but it can't be many) that has a drone, I've never seen kids at the parks even flying little toy quads, nothing nor ever heard any other anywhere I've been around town flying just the one other guy I know and he has a phantom . So I can't fir the life of me figure out where this thing came from lol it didn't have a camera on it but had a pretty big battery, it's fairly large a little larger than my phantom. Now here's the kicker lol after a couple hours I stopped and thought "wait a minute I wonder if I caught it crashing on my security system"(I put in some security cameras a month or so ago and totally forgot lmao) so I went and looked back at the recorded footage off security system and sure enough it caught it haha it fell so fast it shot past the cameras field of view almost instantly. So I made a vid to share on here with you guys. Now I've never even opened a video editing program so I had to find one and try to figure out how it works lol so I think I finally got it and got it figured out how to post it. Please dint be too critical it's my first attempt at video editing so don't be too critical haha it shows crash at normal speed then at the slowest I could slow it down too something like (.126 of normal speed if I recall correct) hope I get it put up here and you all like it lol

And here's a pic of it next to my phantom for size comparison

wais5c.jpg
Frame looks like one of these:
S500 FR4 Glass Fiber Quad Copter 480mm PNF Combo
Probably had a flyaway. If that GPS antenna gets rotated, the quad could take off in some random direction and fly for miles.

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
that's a custom built clone. But no camera is highly unusual. I would check around the crash location for debris and maybe around the roof or overhangs for the camera. Looking at the security video footage, there's a minivan that drives by at the same time, maybe another remote car pilot got scared when it crashed into your building and took off.
That's a good point about it may have been flown from a vehicle, I never considered that lol could explain how it got way out to my place without a camera since there aren't many people around as I kind of live in the boonies lol spot on observation you may be correct:)

That looks like an ag drone for field and crop mapping and crop health sensors. but I would think they'd be easily seen on it .

never used divinchi but filmora is really simple to use. You can get it for free, download the demo, then get a free key code from the net, make sure WiFi is turned off, enter the key code and BOOM...You just got free software lol. Just don't use it when the net is on or it will deactivate it and you will have to keep 're~entering the key code lol [emoji6]

So free = steal then.

Reactions: Falcon900
Not stealing... Just using the trial demo at an extended period

If they wanted you to continue using a trial demo for an extended period of time they wouldn't shut it down. Getting around the trial period like that is stealing the service. Rationalization doesn't change that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair