Crashed

Reaction score
I need some help. I crashed my drone yesterday on the wrong side of a water fall that has huge cliffs and no access to the far side of it, so the drone is gone for good. I had the Phantom 3 standard. The crash happened because when I let off the controller it did not go into hover mode. The drone kept going forward. This happened to me one other time and it crashed into the side of my house. Every time in the past the drone would hover in place when I let the control go back to the neutral position. Has anyone ever had this happen? I have already ordered a new one but I do not want this to happen again. Thanks for the help in advance, Joey

I need some help. I crashed my drone yesterday on the wrong side of a water fall that has huge cliffs and no access to the far side of it, so the drone is gone for good. I had the Phantom 3 standard. The crash happened because when I let off the controller it did not go into hover mode. The drone kept going forward. This happened to me one other time and it crashed into the side of my house. Every time in the past the drone would hover in place when I let the control go back to the neutral position. Has anyone ever had this happen? I have already ordered a new one but I do not want this to happen again. Thanks for the help in advance, Joey

Sounds like you went into ATTI mode (lost GPS reception) and it drifted. You could upload your log from healthydrones and that might provide more info.

Reactions: Reed L
Sounds like you went into ATTI mode (lost GPS reception) and it drifted. You could upload your log from healthydrones and that might provide more info.
What is healthydrones? Also I was in an area that was on a mountain with tons of rocks and the water fall nearby so I very well could have lost GPS reception. If that is what happen do it stop it from hovering?

@Joey125

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters - follow the directions for your tablet/device to upload your logs...

yes if you lose GPS you will drift like you are in ATTI mode... in other words, it will keep moving in a direction until you do something with the controls to stop it. The thing that makes it hover perfectly in one position is GPS lock...

Awesome, I didn't know that and I'm sure that's what happened. I will try that site as well. I am sick that I lost it were I did. People have died around this set of falls and I was afraid to even think about going and getting it.

Yes Agree. Lost gps sorry

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Awesome, I didn't know that and I'm sure that's what happened. I will try that site as well. I am sick that I lost it were I did. People have died around this set of falls and I was afraid to even think about going and getting it.

yeah definitely not worth risking your life over... chances are with as wet as it is probably getting it is toast anyway...

This is what I found in healthy drones.....

Flight time Altitude Home Distance Type Notification
A 00m 00s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B 00m 02s -1.0 ft 2 ft Mode Mode changed to AssitedTakeoff
C 00m 02s -1.0 ft 2 ft Tip Motors started
D 00m 02s -1.0 ft 2 ft Tip Return to home altitude:98FT
E 00m 03s -2.6 ft 2 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
F 00m 57s 11.8 ft 309 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti

Yep.... you lost GPS... when you are that close to cliffs you are blocking out a good portion of the sky.... live and learn. On your next Phantom learn to fly in ATTI mode before you try tricky stuff like this... it's actually not too hard to learn to fly in ATTI - just do it in a wide open space.

Put the right-side toggle switch S1 into the center position (Atti/A-Mode) on P3S

I'm sorry you lost your drone.....but RTFM!!!! If you had done that and understood the basics of the different modes you most likely would not have crashed and lost your drone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues