Crashed today first time out of 9 flights

Rotor craft also do not like negative G's. At least helicopters don't. Would not think quads would be affected.

Right after I read this, I went outside and tried to replicate the "VRS curse" - but on my Blade Nano QX. I've dropped that thing in the grass from about 30 feet, and it barely floated above the grass upon crash…err...I mean landing.

Anyway, I was able to replicate the issue, but not exactly as the OP said. On several tries, I basically dropped the throttle until the aircraft started to shake. As many suggested here, a correction in any HORIZONTAL direction fixed it right away. If the aircraft started to wobble in a roll direction I added a bit of pitch until it stabilized, and then added throttle. Likewise, if it started to wobble in pitch, I added some roll, with the same result. A few times it started to oscillate - first wobbling along the roll axis, then pitch. That was a little trickier, as the added input sometimes sent the aircraft in an unexpected direction.

I've started brushing up on my basics before taking the P3S to the sky, so articles like this are GREAT.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20