Crashed Standard 3

Hi Matt,
I posted a similar story about a month ago......

A couple of days ago, I crashed my P3S. The gimbal was broken off the bird, all four props were destroyed. One side of the landing gear was broken and there is a crack in the body about two inches from one of the motors. The gimbal was in tact with the exception of the antenna leads. One was hanging from the body and one was hanging from the gimbal. I thought I would try reconnecting the gimbal ribbon cable and determine if the bird was worth a repair attempt. When I power the bird, I get the normal tones and the motor initialization, but no gimbal activity of and kind. The remote also doe not see the bird. I could replace the gimbal antennas but am doubtful that will correct the connect issue.

This would have been my 96th flight. When I readied the bird for flight I was getting intermittent interference indications but had a one time opportunity to capture an event. I chose poorly.

Any thought on repairs would be appreciated.

The short story, after watching a number of Youtube videos, I placed a $90 order for parts replacing the body, antennas and gimbal mount.

It was a challenging repair, you need some really small Torx and jewelers screwdrivers and a large amount of patience.
But, it was pretty rewarding getting the P3 back in the air and I learned a lot!

I would check the DJI route first, but if that fails....

Good Luck!
Curt

Nice job with the repair.

My first bird was a P3S. Crashed it within 3 months but learned a lot from my mistakes. This also gave me some very valuable parts for my new P3S. The new bird was also already 200$ less.. I made this a win/win situation (didn't have to deal with DJI either).

Yes, making sure the props are secure is most important. I've only been flying my P3S for 2 mths but only tighten them by hand holding the motors. Haven't had any issues yet, touch wood. Flying over water is not a problem. I've done several missions over water now and haven't had any issues. Actually found it to be my favourite terrain to fly over. You get interrupted range from obstacles, eg trees and the such. Plus I think, the footage is very interesting to watch. Have done the beach and a river, but find the beach to be more fun. Wind is biggest consideration though. Need early morning for best conditions. Enjoy, and fly with confidence, after pre flight checks of course...lol......

Oh, and yes, good job on the repairs. I had to replace my antennas in the drone, main control board and camera/gimble assembly as well. Basically the cost was as much as initial cost of drone. But learnt a lot about how it all goes together and plugs in. Pulling the two halves of the drone body apart isn't easy. Plus all those screws, 3 different sizes and head types. Such a challange.

Hi, thank you for taking time to look at this, much appreciated. Guess an expensive lesson learnt.
These guys are good like that. I've been around since November and have learned so much. Enjoyable reads.

My P3S is my "teach me how not to fly" bird. I've hit tree branches twice, flipped it on takeoff once, and got thrown into the gutters once when i was playing. The last time it dropped 20 feet and the battery flew out. I have only replaced the props and this thing still flies!! I love it. I try to keep my inspire crash free, but the P3S is a different story.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl