Crashed Phantom 2 V3 Vision + steady single green light, no motors or video

Reaction score
Just got this used P2 V3 V+ that may have been in some kind of crash I don't have much background on it, it has some small visible damage but the gimbal is intact and for the most part it looks like it may have been a minor crash, it came with the updated controller that charges, I've done IMU calibrations and stick on DJI assistant, the battery is at 75 percent it may need replacing. I can bind since I can move the gimble somewhat with the stick, the little green light on the gimble is on. it I haven't been able to get GPS lock, the major issue is even after the controller is on there is a steady gree light on the rear right light, I was outside and didn't get any GPS so maybe the GPS is shot too. no video both on DJI Vision and Litchi, so might be wifi module issue, gimble is responsive, no motors engaged mo matter what I've tried, so probably bad ESC controller, any thoughts on what I should I do? Thanks attached a snip my DJI Assistant upgrade screen it's all up to date maybe I need to downgrade? Also X2 in sticks monitor stays black intead of turning green like X1 after calibration, and the left controller sticks stick in the down position, is that normal?

Attachments

• djiassasitant.png
    djiassasitant.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Just got this used P2 V3 V+ that may have been in some kind of crash I don't have much background on it, it has some small visible damage but the gimbal is intact and for the most part it looks like it may have been a minor crash, it came with the updated controller that charges, I've done IMU calibrations and stick on DJI assistant, the battery is at 75 percent it may need replacing. I can bind since I can move the gimble somewhat with the stick, the little green light on the gimble is on. it I haven't been able to get GPS lock, the major issue is even after the controller is on there is a steady gree light on the rear right light, I was outside and didn't get any GPS so maybe the GPS is shot too. no video both on DJI Vision and Litchi, so might be wifi module issue, gimble is responsive, no motors engaged mo matter what I've tried, so probably bad ESC controller, any thoughts on what I should I do? Thanks attached a snip my DJI Assistant upgrade screen it's all up to date maybe I need to downgrade? Also X2 in sticks monitor stays black intead of turning green like X1 after calibration, and the left controller sticks stick in the down position, is that normal?

The GPS puck is damaged, they are the first thing to smash if it lands top down, you should be seeing figures after the GPS in your picture and you arent, NO GPS NO MOTOR START

Steady green light on the rear is normal in Phantom mode ( if you are only seeing one not two then the ESC is faulty however a lot of units can still function normally with only one light working)

the WIFI module is faulty, you can either repair or replace.

left stick lock down is normal on the upgraded controller

X1 is switch X2 is gimbal wheel (or the other way round)

I do P2 repairs in the UK if that is where you are.

I just discovered this very interesting long thread DJI Phantom 2 GPS Disconnected (no Satellites) where they suspected it was the GPS puck, than the Naza and in the end it was the whole mainboard, I can get a used PCB for about $50 bucks, beats buying a GPS and Naza only to find out it doesn't fix the problem like it didn't for the other poor fellow. How do I go about examining the mainboard before I go replacing parts that may not need replacing? I forgot to mention the LEDs in the rear left are broken so is that why I'm only getting one green light?

Last edited:
The GPS puck is damaged, they are the first thing to smash if it lands top down, you should be seeing figures after the GPS in your picture and you arent, NO GPS NO MOTOR START

Steady green light on the rear is normal in Phantom mode ( if you are only seeing one not two then the ESC is faulty however a lot of units can still function normally with only one light working)

the WIFI module is faulty, you can either repair or replace.

left stick lock down is normal on the upgraded controller

X1 is switch X2 is gimbal wheel (or the other way round)

I do P2 repairs in the UK if that is where you are.
I'm in the US, thanks for offering.

In my latest findings I have found out few more interesting things, the camera works take photos and video on the sd card, I pinged the Wifi module like it's suggested in this post I cannot see the camera through DJi vision app and got no repsonse on either IP so that's most likely fried, so now I have to make a decisions do I start replacing parts, do I just buy a working one and keep this one for parts or do I just move on to something else and part this one out or sell it for P&R, what would you do?

Get it repaired. There are several ads on eBay ranging in price from $50 to $80. I just sent mine in, said it should take 1 day to repair and ship for $75...shipping included.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20