Crashed My Phantom 3 PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Hello all, i'm daily new to the drone world and i've crashed my phantom 3 standard. When the crash happened it fell about 40ft out of the sky onto mid high grass. It landed upside down. After inspecting the body I noticed i cracked the front left leg but all wires were still in tact. I fired it back up and now none of the motors start when try to take off. The LED light indicators are normal (solid red in the front and medium blink yellow in the rear). I decided to take off the top shell and inspect each motor. All still spin as they are supposed to. Everything looks normal under the body except for the GPS module that connects from the top shell on the board is disconnected. I would assume that only affects the GPS. I'm not sure what to do now. I've recalibrated the IMU and reset majority of things trying to see if it will fix the problem. Here's a video of my issue.
Dropbox - IMG_1193.MOV.mov

Any other wires look disconnected? Also, if you hook up a tablet or phone, you might get an indication from Go app on what the problem could be.

You'll want to open the bird up and inspect the main board to see if anythings damaged on it. Maybe take a picture and upload it here for us to inspect. Be careful when taking the lid off as the GPS is attached to it from the board.

Thanks for your response. I will upload picture tomorrow. Ive already taken the shell off initially and I did break off the gps that's connected to the motherboard :-/. Other than that I didn't see anything as stated above but I will upload the pics and maybe a video when I get a chance. My other question is with that gps sensor not being plugged in would that allow the motors to not spin?
You'll want to open the bird up and inspect the main board to see if anythings damaged on it. Maybe take a picture and upload it here for us to inspect. Be careful when taking the lid off as the GPS is attached to it from the board.

It really shouldn't make a difference a foot or two away but your antenna's not positioned correctly. It should be pointing straight up (as the manual says, "parallel to the legs").

The plastic connector for the GPS has been ripped off the board, see the attached image for what it should look like. The same happened to me but I had a spare board and am handy with the soldering iron so was able to fix it. Unless you're capable of finding a new plastic connector and capacitor then you'll have to send it into DJI or order a new board and re-solder everything.

Broken GPS/GPS Connector got the picture from this tread.

Attachments

• Phantom_3_Broke.jpg
    Phantom_3_Broke.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 569
The plastic connector for the GPS has been ripped off the board, see the attached image for what it should look like. The same happened to me but I had a spare board and am handy with the soldering iron so was able to fix it. Unless you're capable of finding a new plastic connector and capacitor then you'll have to send it into DJI or order a new board and re-solder everything.

Broken GPS/GPS Connector got the picture from this tread.

Once again, with just the gps not on the board that can cause the motors not to spin? Also I still have the plastic connector I would just need to solder it back on. My main concern is if I fix that Is it going to solve my issue. I'm looking at it as if the gps is not vital to flight capabilities seeing as the dji app is telling me everything is ok and also where i usually fly I usually have no GPS signal anyways.

I am fairly new as well, and though this is a fairly old post I am not sure if this has been answered yet. However I am currently repairing a wrecked P3 Standard and can confirm that without having the GPS connected it will not allow me to spin up the motors.

Reactions: giorgimonk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj