Crashed my P4P - following on screen: Warning : In Flight IMU encounters heading exception

Reaction score
Warning: In Flight , working IMU encounters heading exception, please switch to ATTI mode if craft behaves abnormally.

I switched to ATTi mode, and the craft went into a spiral and hit the ground, severing a leg and an inside control wire, breaking 2 propellors. Can anybody give me an idea what might have gone wrong. Have been flying my P4P for about 9 months.

Warning: In Flight , working IMU encounters heading exception, please switch to ATTI mode if craft behaves abnormally.

I switched to ATTi mode, and the craft went into a spiral and hit the ground, severing a leg and an inside control wire, breaking 2 propellors. Can anybody give me an idea what might have gone wrong. Have been flying my P4P for about 9 months.

You will want to start with uploading your flight log here DJI Flight Log Viewer. Then come back and post a link so everyone can see it.

Heading exception is related to IMU hardware. In such a case it does not recognize the forward direction. Best action in such cases is to land the aircraft quickly if possible.

Not sure if you can get more information from the logs except the same message.

Heading exception is related to IMU hardware. In such a case it does not recognize the forward direction. Best action in such cases is to land the aircraft quickly if possible.

Not sure if you can get more information from the logs except the same message.

It's usually due to a discrepancy between the inertial data and the compass data. The DAT file contains those data, which is why it is valuable for determining the source of the problem.

It's usually due to a discrepancy between the inertial data and the compass data. The DAT file contains those data, which is why it is valuable for determining the source of the problem.
There are several threads I found searching the warning. No time to read through them all but compass errors were part of the equation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers