Crashed for no reason

Reaction score
Yesterday I took my phantom 4 pro out for the 26th time I was just in the air for two min When it just dropped for no reason it tried to regain just before it hit the ground but it was to late I uploaded flight logs to air data but it shows nothing wrong I don’t understand why this happened

I uploaded flight logs to air data but it shows nothing wrong I don’t understand why this happened
Will you be posting a link to the air data report or posting the flight log?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Yesterday I took my phantom 4 pro out for the 26th time I was just in the air for two min When it just dropped for no reason it tried to regain just before it hit the ground but it was to late I uploaded flight logs to air data but it shows nothing wrong I don’t understand why this happened
There’s always a reason. Just a case of determining what that reason was. For it to drop straight from the sky without warning would suggest some pretty major power loss. Hope you survived relatively unscathed.

There’s always a reason. Just a case of determining what that reason was. For it to drop straight from the sky without warning would suggest some pretty major power loss. Hope you survived relatively unscathed.
it really tryed to avoid the ground at the end I could hear the props spinning trying to regain itself. Weird power loss Broke both landing legs and riped off the camera.its hurts me to look at it

Usually lost prop or battery. Not battery cuz still running. All guesses until logs show cause. Not by me.

watching

That data looks like this: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
The data you've given shows the drone flying for 3:19 and the data just stops with the drone still 183 ft up and hovering.
You had been slowly rotating clockwise and there's no indication of any problem.
If this is the correct flight log, this looks like a sudden complete power loss.
There's no indication in this data that it had power after 3:19.

Thanks for looking.im thinking maybe a loose battery. and as it spinning downward it connects Wich is why it tryed to regain alatude just before it crashed.any way I sent it in for repair today hopefully it can be repaired.

Thank you people for helping me I'm guessing I will wonder forever what happened and will be very cautious when back up in the air thanks again for your help

The question remains on your side, Pre flight checklist.
1.did you check to see if the battery was secure (slight pull back to make sure it locked in place)

Last edited:
I get a message letting me know that the battery is not secure, and it prevents me from taking off.

Is that only on the Phantom 4 Pro V2?

I get a message letting me know that the battery is not secure, and it prevents me from taking off.

Is that only on the Phantom 4 Pro V2?
Yes, that sensor was added with the V2. Earlier models did not have that safety check. When the P3 was newer, we reminded people on the forum multiple times per day for what seems like was 2-3 years to be sure to double check if their batteries were secure before flight and to add that to their pre-flight checklists.

Reactions: JoBe and Jrenfrew
Good info @Oso. I went from owning a PV2+ to a PVP V2, and clearly missed quite a few upgrades over the years.

Reactions: JoBe
I'll be back in the sky I got my quote from dji repair and it's not bad as I thought. I'm very happy with the service and I would highly recommend them to anyone who crashes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen