Crashed Brand New P3- Now Can't Connect to Fly Save on App.

Reaction score
So this baby is a little more than a week old before it suffered its first serious crash. The copter came down pretty hard on concrete and crashed at an angle with most of the force hitting the top/left side. Camera snapped off as did the video ribbon. After checking out the bird and dusting it off IT STILL WORKS (kinda). The bird can still fly but i noticed some immediate issues. Obviously it can't pull a video feed but it no longer gets the green SAVE TO FLY (GPS) icon anymore on the app. Its odd but i can see several GPS satellites that it can lock onto. Also the bird doesn seem as steady and the doesn't hover quite like it used prior to the crash. I've had a chance to inspect the inside and examined the gps head sensor and all seems fine and itsn't cracked. So could the issues be that i need a new video ribbon? What could be causing the issues with not being able to connect to the GPS?

Appreciate any assistance.

TX

I'm putting my money on a broken compass.

If you look on one if the feet at the bottom, you'll see 2 tiny screws. That holds the compass and the cable runs up that leg and into the phantom.

I've replaced my compass after a crash because it was behaving quite like what you just described. The replacement part is around 15-20 dollars USF and it is relatively simple to replace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20