Crashed and now tilt not working from app and sticks X1 won't cal

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to the form and new to flying the Phantom Vision +3. I've flown it about 20 times with 2 crashes. The first crash just chipped about an inch off of one blade and I replaced it. My second crash chipped both tips off of one blade. Replaced that and attempted to fly again. Well I got a fast yellow blinking led and the copter wouldn't respond. I did another compass cal and the lights when to solid green instead of the slow blinking green and copter wouldn't do anything. I did get a brief error once on the app saying battery incompatible even though all of them are DJI originals. Switched battery out and no error message again but then noticed on the app the tilt position indicator to the right of the screen was all the way up and red. The arrows on the left did not work to control the camera. I switched to the saturn like symbol to use the phone tilting but camera wouldn't move that way either.

I then hooked up the copter to the PT2 app on the laptop with usb cable and checked the IMU status in basic and it needed calibration so I did that and it worked. Then with the RC tab it showed the sticks monitor that X1 was all the way to the left and X2 was in the middle. I tried to calibrate moved the sticks around as called for and hit finish and nothing changed. Tried it a few times with same result. It was set for upgrade version.

Note: The camera worked as far as setting itself level and had a normal image coming through on the app.

If anyone can help I really appreciate it! Thank you!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am new to the form and new to flying the Phantom Vision +3. I've flown it about 20 times with 2 crashes. The first crash just chipped about an inch off of one blade and I replaced it. My second crash chipped both tips off of one blade. Replaced that and attempted to fly again. Well I got a fast yellow blinking led and the copter wouldn't respond. I did another compass cal and the lights when to solid green instead of the slow blinking green and copter wouldn't do anything. I did get a brief error once on the app saying battery incompatible even though all of them are DJI originals. Switched battery out and no error message again but then noticed on the app the tilt position indicator to the right of the screen was all the way up and red. The arrows on the left did not work to control the camera. I switched to the saturn like symbol to use the phone tilting but camera wouldn't move that way either.

I then hooked up the copter to the PT2 app on the laptop with usb cable and checked the IMU status in basic and it needed calibration so I did that and it worked. Then with the RC tab it showed the sticks monitor that X1 was all the way to the left and X2 was in the middle. I tried to calibrate moved the sticks around as called for and hit finish and nothing changed. Tried it a few times with same result. It was set for upgrade version.

Note: The camera worked as far as setting itself level and had a normal image coming through on the app.

If anyone can help I really appreciate it! Thank you!!

While in the RC software did you bother to read what those switches U, X1 & X2 were for? You don't have to have the RC plugged into your PC just bring up the software and park your curser any where over the sticks and read the introduction under Channel Monitor on the left. Do the same for the calibration button so you have a better understanding of how it works.

Have a good day.

While in the RC software did you bother to read what those switches U, X1 & X2 were for? You don't have to have the RC plugged into your PC just bring up the software and park your curser any where over the sticks and read the introduction under Channel Monitor on the left. Do the same for the calibration button so you have a better understanding of how it works.

Have a good day.

Thank you. I will do that.

Have a good day.

Thanks! Now your response showed up after I sent you a message. Thanks again!

Start from the beginning and do RC cal first then do the P2 cal including the sticks and advanced IMU on a level surface. Once completed take it outside and do a compass cal. By the way a compass cal is not required every time you fly only if you change locations 50 or more miles away.

Start from the beginning and do RC cal first then do the P2 cal including the sticks and advanced IMU on a level surface. Once completed take it outside and do a compass cal. By the way a compass cal is not required every time you fly only if you change locations 50 or more miles away.
Will do. Thanks again Jason.

I’m sink also, I went to fly in Boston, aroundva ton of buildings, warmed up, I didn’t bother to check what mode I was in because I set the mode with my finger in the correct(spirt mode) position. It took off then it started sliding in the sit, I looked at monitor and said “atti” lost control hit sid of building.
No it won’t get passed warning up mode on screen and will not take off.. everything looked intact on Phantom 4 only the rubber gasket around base of gimbal was pultruding and on light cover is gone.. I tried many different things to calibrate my Imu no luck at all, the monitor says there’s a fromt sensor not working?? I’m banging my head.. please help me out!! Thank you

The ribbon on the outsid looks good...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1