Crash

Reaction score
Can some one help? I have flew my p3 standard fine until today when i was flying normally and it all of a sudden said compass error on screen then the voice started to say att mode and then it came at full speed towards me Past the home point and smashed into a tree behind me, does anyone know what caused this? I couldn't control it atal with the remote but I have since brought it home and flown it in my normal home spot and it's fine, no damage thankfully but I want to prevent this from happening again, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

I've gone into atti mode before and it was quite windy. The drone was being taken away by the wind, could this be the same thing? Fortunately it was close to me and I was able to take control of it.

I've gone into atti mode before and it was quite windy. The drone was being taken away by the wind, could this be the same thing? Fortunately it was close to me and I was able to take control of it.

Yeah I'm sure it was the same thing, I have just flew it again at home and it is flying great now. I shall be more cautious of the wind in future, had a lucky escape lol

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Ok, thanks!

Learn to fly in ATTI mode. It never cease to amaze me how many people buy a Phantom and never learn to actually fly it (controlling it in GPS mode is not flying). If you don't want to risk your P3 when learning, buy a ~$30 toy drone and learn to fly with that one. Get used to what happens when the drone drifts, how different orientations require different inputs, how to stop a movement, how to recognize orientation, etc. That's the #1 piece of advice I always give people when they ask me what drone to buy: buy a toy drone and learn on that one first. Counter-intuitively, flying one of those toys is much harder than a P3, so you learn better and faster. Once you can control a toy drone, your P3 is so easy to control even in ATTI mode

Sooner or later your GPS and compass will have problems, it's inevitable. Knowing how to fly is the difference between safely landing your P3, vs hurting people and/or damaging property (or, at a minimum, destroying your P3). If I were DJI, I would stop GPS flying after a few flights and ask the user to learn about ATTI mode (connected to the account, so it doesn't happen with each new drone)

Over-reliance on automated flight is the reason why DJI drones had a bad reputation for fly-aways (the overwhelming majority were pilot errors)

Robca is right I started on a cheap toy three tubes of super glue later I got my P3S late February this year and I am on my second aircraft but that's another story lol

Learn to fly in ATTI mode. It never cease to amaze me how many people buy a Phantom and never learn to actually fly it (controlling it in GPS mode is not flying). If you don't want to risk your P3 when learning, buy a ~$30 toy drone and learn to fly with that one. Get used to what happens when the drone drifts, how different orientations require different inputs, how to stop a movement, how to recognize orientation, etc. That's the #1 piece of advice I always give people when they ask me what drone to buy: buy a toy drone and learn on that one first. Counter-intuitively, flying one of those toys is much harder than a P3, so you learn better and faster. Once you can control a toy drone, your P3 is so easy to control even in ATTI mode

Sooner or later your GPS and compass will have problems, it's inevitable. Knowing how to fly is the difference between safely landing your P3, vs hurting people and/or damaging property (or, at a minimum, destroying your P3). If I were DJI, I would stop GPS flying after a few flights and ask the user to learn about ATTI mode (connected to the account, so it doesn't happen with each new drone)

Over-reliance on automated flight is the reason why DJI drones had a bad reputation for fly-aways (the overwhelming majority were pilot errors)

Thanks for advice but I never said I haven't flew it in atti mode and I have had several toy drones, I upgraded to the phantom for its gps mode to caputure great images and I would definitely say that it counts as flying :/

"I" never said it didn't and it sure is easier that the toys and had a hard time getting use to it before I was confident enough to upgrade to my P3S. Like I said my toy is held together with three tubes of super glue, after a freak accident I'm writing off to pilot preflight error I've had to order a refurbished aircraft only for replacement of my P3S.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72