Crash, replace Yaw Motor..and strange issue

Reaction score
so flying drone inside to out, goes out I lose connectivity.. it keeps going and crashes..not sure why the collision
avoidance didnt save it.. but oh well..

so the yaw motor ribon was wripped.. replace it and put it all back together.. Now.. when
I bring up.. it spins all around and does its thing.. but now the yaw motor keeps on
spinning the camera all the way right.. tried to calibrate the camera and the drone but
to no avail. Read up on it and people said that usually does it.. or just forcing the
camera all the way to the opposite side and that makes it take a clue.. nothing
has made my camera point straight... any ideas ??

thanks !!!

Kevin_kss: when you find your answer, let me know. I’m getting the same thing on my P4P after replacing yaw arm, flex ribbon cable and yaw motor. Have tried IMU and gimbal calibration numerous times and even the gimbal calibration with the bird sitting on its hind legs with camera looking up method. Have you tried that one yet? I’ve tried “nudging” the camera to correct position, like you to no avail. I’m at a standstill now as to what to do next. Keep me informed, would you?

You needed to reuse the yaw motor casing. I have a YouTube video showing how and why.
It is under droneted

What do you do if you no longer have the old casing?
That is a major problem. You can take a chance and replace the yaw motor and see what happens. From my experience about 1 in 20 works ok. If you are in the US you could send it to me as I have 30 yaw casings I could try.

Can you pm me your address and I will drop it in the mail.

Also a price to fix my problem or attempt to fix it

That is a major problem. You can take a chance and replace the yaw motor and see what happens. From my experience about 1 in 20 works ok. If you are in the US you could send it to me as I have 30 yaw casings I could try.

Thanks so much for offering!

Ted: Me again. Hi there. Are any of the other gimbal motors the same way i.e. do you need to tap out the windings and replace with the original casing? Having problems with my roll motor now not centering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94