Crash it on first flight... Where to find parts...

I am making support for camera gimbal out of carbon fiber. I can get you one if you like to replace the broken one on your gimbal. It's only plastic on the P3, I want carbon fiber on mine. At least the V+ had machined aluminum.

20150527_105957-jpg.20166

Reactions: Ari
I am making support for camera gimbal out of carbon fiber. I can get you one if you like to replace the broken one on your gimbal. It's only plastic on the P3, I want carbon fiber on mine. At least the V+ had machined aluminum.

20150527_105957-jpg.20166
YA that would be great!
Silly question but how do you print carbon fiber? Is it like a 3D printer except it is carbon not plastic? Either way let me know how much you want of it and ill paypal or wtvr you want.

And yes Kjoc, i'm not quite sure why others feel the need to chime in with the obvious fact that I should have read the manual first.

For the pins, try and realign best as possible. Then use hot glue gun to keep them together. Dji should have just used slide in pins instead of the clip in.

As for the gimbal plate...
Swap the anti drop pins to loose cable ties in the future. This will allow the camera to pop out and be loose and not snap like it did. You were lucky that the camera did not pop out and shear the ribbon cable.

For the pins, try and realign best as possible. Then use hot glue gun to keep them together. Dji should have just used slide in pins instead of the clip in.

As for the gimbal plate...
Swap the anti drop pins to loose cable ties in the future. This will allow the camera to pop out and be loose and not snap like it did. You were lucky that the camera did not pop out and shear the ribbon cable.

Any pictures of this setup you have described?

When a guy admits a mistake and asks a question, why play Captain Obvious?
He also started calling features stupid when he didn't know how to use them.

Anyways my first flight I flew it around in the park up the block from me. Rather than carrying it home I decided to fly it home and then for a little spin over my deck to see if I could see the manhattan skyline from my house.

Sounds careless for a first flight. Glad no one was hurt.
It's this kind of lack of respect for the hobby that hurts the rest of us who take the time to understand what they are involved with and have a level of care over what they are doing.

Reactions: mmee1992
Bring it to STC. They are authorized by DJI. Thats where I bought mine from.

I will have the parts posted soon. For the gimbal though, some of my broken parts might be the same as yours, however, mine sustained a LOT less damage than yours, so it might be usable.

I think all the broken parts are not so serious. The front cap of cam is actually a UV filter, and can be taken off. The connector for parallel cable seems to be a generic product, and the gimbal holder... If me, I'll fix it with splint and plastic glue. And wait for stock replacement parts are available. Also buy a gimbal guard.
More than that, I worry if this hard crash didn't broke any flying functions...

Had the EXACT same issue with the wire in my crash. Had an electronics shop reseat the cable wires into the clip and glue them into place. They are simply held in with a small piece of plastic across the side, which snapped off in my case, hence the glue used for a repair.

Also...really great suggestions in here:
1. Practice using RTH and cancelling it
2. Ziptie idea is brilliant! I have a couple spares from by gimble guard install that I'll use to do this tonight. Thanks for the suggestion Mako79!

To give you all an update.... I bought a second brand new P3A. I took the camera from the first and attached it to the second... It all worked perfectly. The only thing preventing me from having two perfectly working drones is that dam cable ribbon and the plastic mounting piece. I ordered the DJI cable kit from the P2 and its the same cable and what's his name generously is printing me a new carbon fiber piece. Once I replace the two parts mentioned I have two perfectly working drones.

If you check out my Instagram @sashalefleur I posted a pretty cool picture of central park in Manhattan with it.

I would kind of like to sell the brand new one for $900 which is what I paid for it now that I repaired the first one with the new cable. ( I know someone).

Reactions: RyanK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4