Crash Investigation: Sudden Increase in Speed + Crash

Looks like magica 4 left the conversation before SAR 104 made the comment about the GPS going out during flight! Hope he sees this before he gives his bird a grave somewhere!
You guys are good at figuring out what these things are doing in flight cheers!?

Looks like magica 4 left the conversation before SAR 104 made the comment about the GPS going out during flight! Hope he sees this before he gives his bird a grave somewhere!
You guys are good at figuring out what these things are doing in flight cheers!?
Haha nah I'm keeping track :) I've been taking note of the info you guys have provided and putting it to future practice. Just got back from my roadtrip.

Thank you all! My bird is dead, I got another one, but I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

Having as many satellites as possible and flying in an area clear of obstacles and heavy winds seems to be my best bet.

Looking at how many horror stories I've seen, looks like mistakes are bound to happen.

High cost, but high rewards.

Haha nah I'm keeping track :) I've been taking note of the info you guys have provided and putting it to future practice. Just got back from my roadtrip.

Thank you all! My bird is dead, I got another one, but I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

Having as many satellites as possible and flying in an area clear of obstacles and heavy winds seems to be my best bet.

Looking at how many horror stories I've seen, looks like mistakes are bound to happen.

High cost, but high rewards.
Yea I had the wind put me in trees a few years ago, got it back had to cut a tree hahaha
but got it back no harm to the bird tree is dead though hahaha! Happy flying..

At ~74 seconds the aircraft experienced a Large Yaw Error ( Basically a compass error ). The aircraft then auto-switched to ATTI at ~80 seconds which means no GPS positioning. The aircraft was responding normally to your inputs and appeared to be under your full control. You may not have experience flying in ATTI mode. From what I see, the crash is a result of that and not due to the actual aircraft errors. The aircraft will drift with the wind when in ATTI mode. There was a brief period where the drift speed up occurred ( With no control inputs from you ) and this would be normal.

The FC did not switch to ATTI because of a compass error. You need to read post #6.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31