Crash...I think I need to replace my pin ribbon cable(s)...help?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for the long thread...hope someone will read and give me their thoughts.

Very new to all this and of course after 6 or 7 flights, I am just about to the ground and don't stop in time and catch a small branch. Fall wasn't bad, but when props starting spinning again on the ground, it broke two props and broke a gimble part that is attached to aircraft. Gimble part was easy to repair, but when that broke it disconnected several of the wires in the 6 and 8 pin ribbon cables that go from the Gimble to inside the aircraft and from the gimble to the vision positioning system. I have seen from other threads ribbons cable that I think will work (maybe not). I have the tools to take apart the aircraft, but after unscrewing everything it does't want to separate. I haven't forced it too hard in fear I will break the shell.

Has anyone seen or taken apart their aircraft to see the inside? Will it snap apart after all screws are out? I'm looking to see where the 8 pin ribbon cable connects inside the aircraft before purchasing anything.

I re-connected the wires pretty well I thought, but after doing this the aircraft doesn't recognize the latest firmware update (1.1.8). App say Aircraft Upgrade Required and Aircraft upgrade error. Also, after the aircraft "warm up", the camera just beeps continuously. I can get the camera to stop beeping if I do a Gimbal Auto Calibration. I have tried to "re-update" the firmware, but it doesn't take. Txt file keeps showing error.

So even after all this...I can fly, I can take pics and video, but I just can't see it on my tablet, but I can download it to my PC.

Thanks for any thoughts, tips or suggestions!

Also noticed that the part on the gimble that holds the circuit boards is very warm to the touch after this. Not sure if this was the same before?

Also noticed that the part on the gimble that holds the circuit boards is very warm to the touch after this. Not sure if this was the same before?
Hi if you go to the discussion page 18 by Mohan he has posted pics of the shell in two halves....there are internal locking tabs which look like you will have to carefully separate by squeezing the upper half inwards....that's my take on it. You can click on the pic to get a better expanded view.HTH. BTW let me know if I'm wrong, I have not done this myself.

Hi all,

Sorry for the long thread...hope someone will read and give me their thoughts.

Very new to all this and of course after 6 or 7 flights, I am just about to the ground and don't stop in time and catch a small branch. Fall wasn't bad, but when props starting spinning again on the ground, it broke two props and broke a gimble part that is attached to aircraft. Gimble part was easy to repair, but when that broke it disconnected several of the wires in the 6 and 8 pin ribbon cables that go from the Gimble to inside the aircraft and from the gimble to the vision positioning system. I have seen from other threads ribbons cable that I think will work (maybe not). I have the tools to take apart the aircraft, but after unscrewing everything it does't want to separate. I haven't forced it too hard in fear I will break the shell.

Has anyone seen or taken apart their aircraft to see the inside? Will it snap apart after all screws are out? I'm looking to see where the 8 pin ribbon cable connects inside the aircraft before purchasing anything.

I re-connected the wires pretty well I thought, but after doing this the aircraft doesn't recognize the latest firmware update (1.1.8). App say Aircraft Upgrade Required and Aircraft upgrade error. Also, after the aircraft "warm up", the camera just beeps continuously. I can get the camera to stop beeping if I do a Gimbal Auto Calibration. I have tried to "re-update" the firmware, but it doesn't take. Txt file keeps showing error.

So even after all this...I can fly, I can take pics and video, but I just can't see it on my tablet, but I can download it to my PC.

Thanks for any thoughts, tips or suggestions!
Same accident happend to me last night the plastic part which is attached to the p3 snap fortunately the cable detach itself without snapping, i to hit a low altitude branch 1 meter from the ground but when that p3 hit the concrete, man its a chaos just starts spinning even harder. Does anybody now if p3 propellers are the same size with p 2

I measured mine and seem that are 25.5 cm which is 10 inch but p2 is 9 inch.
Do can someone please tell me ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20