Crash - FC failure (?), CSV included

Reaction score
Flying a Map Pilot Pro 2-battery mapping mission with P4P. Initial take off, I got a message I'd never seen before " “check_2100_flight_count_need_cali / dji_check_fc_takeoff_failed_unknown_error”. Everything was responding right and all the screen telemetry looked good, so proceeded with the mission without further issue. Manually initiated battery swap after 20 minutes. Got the same warning message on 2nd launch, again proceeded with the flight with everything otherwise looking good. Four minutes into the flight lost connection and subsequently found the drone crashed/destroyed.

Just now downloaded the CSV files from the iPad for the two flights. First flight shows the above failure message several times during the flight. The 2nd flight (crash flight) CSV file shows that error message several times followed at ~4 minutes into the flight with these failure notes in the CSV record. That crash flight CSV is attached.
dji_check_center_Gimbal_disconnected
dji_check_center_Camera_disconnected / dji_check_center_Gimbal_disconnected / dji_check_center_mc_connection_reason / dji_check
_product_not_connect_aircraft_reason

dji_check_product_not_connect_aircraft_reason / dji_check_center_Camera_disconnected / dji_check_center_Gimbal_disconnected

Note that there was continued normal battery voltage for several more lines after these log entries. Then the CSV entries just ended, undoubtedly when it crashed. I had to convert the CSV file to a pdf in order to get the forum web site to upload it.

This looks to me like a flight controller failure, but I'm not familiar with these messages. Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks........... Bob R.

Attachments

• MapPilot-07-13-2022_08-28-44 2nd flight (crash flight).pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 166
Txt file attached.

Attachments

• MapPilot-07-13-2022_08-28-44 2nd flight (crash flight).txt
    760.1 KB · Views: 118
Txt file attached.
Sorry, that allowed you to upload the file, but it's still not readable.
It's a spreadsheet with about 200 columns and 3000 rows of data.
Although it's a CSV file, there are no commas so all the data just runs together.
i-vbskMts-L.jpg

Airdata list mapilot among the flight programs they support, so you could upload to Airdata and post a link to the summary they give you (make sure to tick the share box).
Or just post the txt file that you would upload to Airdata.

OK, I'm totally new to Airdata, but I registered and successfully uploaded the csv file. I could see a general data summary, but couldn't locate a helpful diagnostic report. I did manage to generate this shareable link: if that helps any.

I've uploaded both the original iPad CSV file of the crashed flight, and the corresponding Excel file into Dropbox. Both files are available to be downloaded from this Dropbox link: 7-13-2022 Crash Files

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking ............... Bob R.

OK, I'm totally new to Airdata, but I registered and successfully uploaded the csv file.
The data that Mapilot gives isn't as complete as most other programs.
It doesn't show any error messages.
The flight data just stops at 8:33.4 with the drone in stable, level flight at 8 metres/sec.
That suggests the power was suddenly lost, but there's no clue what caused that.

The errors that I posted above are in the CSV file that's available in the Dropbox download, both in CSV form and in .xls form. The disconnect messages start appearing in column BG at line 2348, time code 08:32:39.626 in that data set. Those are the messages I posted initially.

Hi Pedram55. Sounds like we have had similar issues. I never did get mine figured out, so I advise exercising caution and do some trials to see what you can eliminate as causes, like different batteries, different locations, re-calibrate everything, etc. Since my example ended badly, you might want to go ahead and send it in to DJI for diagnosis. I'm still suspicious of a failure in the main processor board.

The battery suggestion may not sound likely, but I had a batch of 3rd party batts that were definitely bad and were causing the bird to throw crazy messages until I isolated that as a source of problem. Since the batteries contain their own processors that also exchange info with the flight controller, I can't help but suspect that the final problem was initiated with those bad batteries doing some mischief to the controller. I've just written it off as one of those mysteries that won't get solved. Replaced the P4P and moved on. Haven't had any more of those messages.

Sounds like you've narrowed the possibilities down to the bird. In my case, I think the electronics of the bird got damaged by bad batteries. Then when I got rid of those, I was left with a bad bird that failed with good batteries. So....... I would conclude that your new (pre-owned) P4P is sick, and I wouldn't fly it until you can get it diagnosed. Just my $0.02USD. Good Luck............ R

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic