Crappy Video Feed

Reaction score
Took my P4P out yesterday for the first time in a few months and the video feed while flying was atrocious -- the worst I've ever experience and this was in two different locations. I haven't looked at the recorded video yet but I doubt there will a problem as it was definitely a video feed issue. When I went to fly the Go app had me answer some questions, which isn't typical, but it was about 4 months since my last flight so maybe that's why. I do remember that some of these questions were about allowing DJI to have access to flight data and you had to say yes to continue.

I wish I had a screen recorder to show you and I hope this isn't the new normal. Perhaps DJI intentionally degrading the live feed in hopes you'll "upgrade" to a new one -- Apple isn't the only one playing that game.

Brian

Reactions: OOO
Yet another reason to not update firmware and fly with Litchi. I am still flying with over 2 year old firmware and latest ( Litchi ) app version with zero transmission or other issues. Good luck and fly on! I still use GO on occasion but never to actually fly. Just my nickel's worth..

Took my P4P out yesterday for the first time in a few months and the video feed while flying was atrocious -- the worst I've ever experience and this was in two different locations. I haven't looked at the recorded video yet but I doubt there will a problem as it was definitely a video feed issue. When I went to fly the Go app had me answer some questions, which isn't typical, but it was about 4 months since my last flight so maybe that's why. I do remember that some of these questions were about allowing DJI to have access to flight data and you had to say yes to continue.

I wish I had a screen recorder to show you and I hope this isn't the new normal. Perhaps DJI intentionally degrading the live feed in hopes you'll "upgrade" to a new one -- Apple isn't the only one playing that game.

Brian

Are you using a dedicated tablet/phone?

Are you using the same cable you used 4 months ago?

When I went to fly the Go app had me answer some questions, which isn't typical, but it was about 4 months since my last flight so maybe that's why.

Did you update the go app?... sounds like maybe so.

the video feed while flying was atrocious -- the worst I've ever experience and this was in two different locations.

Good chance the problem is not the video feed itself but the speed of the device you're using... esp. if the answer to the above question is 'yes'.

Turn off 'cache to device' in the settings menu, and lower the transmission bit rate

Are you using a dedicated tablet/phone?

Are you using the same cable you used 4 months ago?

Yes, everything is the same ... same tablet, same cable, same firmware in fact though the Go app has been updated several times since my last flights.

Brian

Did you update the go app?... sounds like maybe so.

Good chance the problem is not the video feed itself but the speed of the device you're using... esp. if the answer to the above question is 'yes'.

Turn off 'cache to device' in the settings menu, and lower the transmission bit rate

Yes, the app has been updated several times but the firmware is the same as my previous set of flights. This is the same tablet I've used since I got the P4P and I do not load the tablet up with lots of crap that might hog resources.

Again, the quality of the video feed was orders of magnitude worse than any previous flight over about 1.7 years. I was not using screen capture so that wasn't eating CPU cycles. I tired both auto settings and manual settings including both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz with not much difference though I didn't spend all day trying things either.

I may do a firmware refresh in case something got corrupted.

Brian

Perhaps DJI intentionally degrading the live feed in hopes you'll "upgrade" to a new one
Perhaps DJI intentionally degrading the live feed in hopes you'll guess that it's due to using a one year old drone and decide that to "upgrade" to a new one will solve this.
That sounds beyond unlikely.
Given that no-one else is reporting this issue, it's pretty safe to assume that the cause is something in your equipment, its configuration and/or local environment.

I had same issue.
At home and lot outher locations my video feed is just fine, but there is one location that person does not have wyfi,its way out in county but video feed, forget it. Sd card perfect,

I've flown at both locations numerous times without issue and the two locations were about 20 miles apart. One location is towards the outskirts of a metro area while the other is miles from anything and in the desert. I'm tempted to try again before doing a firmware refresh then another try but, the only thing that's changed since a batch of heavy flying in late March is updates to the Go app --the firmware is unchanged since the early March update to version 600.

Brian

Reactions: gingerbloke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl